Wilson combat +2 extension

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:13 pm

No it doesn't rattle at all it a nice tight fit

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Re: Wilson combat +2 extension

Post by Reaper » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks TA84

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Reaper are you gonna get one

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Post by Reaper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:06 am

I am building another 870 and all I need is a +2 mag tube. Got a post under the Want to Buy forum. If I have to buy a new one it will most likely be the Wilson Combat. They look like a well made extension at a good price.

Do you want to sell yours? I'm interested.

Sent you a PM

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:48 am

Here is mine Wilson combat Scatter gun Tech 2+ mag tube extension kit. I like it so far but was wondering do you need to use that wave washer when installing it?
Attachments
025.JPG
025.JPG (243.24 KiB) Viewed 8554 times
015.JPG
015.JPG (241.76 KiB) Viewed 8554 times

aegusto
Active Shotgunner

Post by aegusto » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:46 pm

The wave washer is for use with barrels that do not have the ball-bearing detent on the barrel ring. For followers, I am a devotee of SBE Precision followers. The aluminum is easier on the magazine tube than a steel follower.

I bought a new Wilson Combat +2 extension direct from Wilson Combat and was a little disappointed to find some rust inside the extension on the front end cap. Also, the sling attachment on mine does not cinch up tight against the barrel and wiggles around. I cannot tell whether that is a design feature or a defect. It annoys me.

The Wilson extension is solid and really heavy. I need to start lifting weights if I'm going to keep it on the shotgun and use it effectively. At present, I can get on target more quickly without the extension. More rounds or faster handling? It's a Hobson's choice.

I'm a big advocate of simple, two-point slings if you are carrying a pistol and may need to transition. Around the house, not so much. No commercial two-point sling I've tried fits me correctly, so I "roll my own." I ordered a 50-yard roll of 1.25" nylon webbing and two dozen plastic slides from this company and cut them to length with a hot knife. 56" seems to fit me about right.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:19 pm

aegusto wrote:I bought a new Wilson Combat +2 extension direct from Wilson Combat and was a little disappointed to find some rust inside the extension on the front end cap. Also, the sling attachment on mine does not cinch up tight against the barrel and wiggles around. I cannot tell whether that is a design feature or a defect. It annoys me.
This is a major reason I'm not a fan of these sling plates that lock against the barrel. Not all 870 barrels have the same outer diameter, so it's impossible to design a plate so that it's a proper fit with all barrels. Often, the designers estimate high and you end up with a loose fit. Sometimes they're tight out of the box, and you can fit them to your barrel yourself, but that's still an issue if you use multiple barrels with your 870.

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 am

I have had not 1 issue with mine, I used the wave washer as instructed and put like 50+ shells through it the next day after I got it and the only thing I had to do was change out my follower and use the green follower that came with the kit, I had a GG&G stainless steel follower and it seemed to want to not allow me to load all 6 shells, after changing to the green poly follower it works great. I just want to add that the wave washer did not come with the kit when I got it. I purchased one at my local gun store.

This one has performed much better than the Remington +2 shot kit that I got the first time for the shotgun. The barrel clamp would come loose even after using lock tight 242 blue, the screw head stripped out on it, would not allow me to load all 6 shells into the mag tube, get like 4-5 only. I tried every way possible to install it and would not work. I have no wiggle or rattle with the Wilson combat and I wish I got it first now I have a Remington +2 shot mag kit setting in my drawer that I paid like 50+ dollars for and it does not work.

Well this one has been now giving me issues, the metal plate rattles like crazy and the tube keeps coming loose again. Sending it back to Brownell's for a exchange for a Choate +3 mag tube kit