Aguila Mini Shells?

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
COMSnomad

Aguila Mini Shells?

Post by COMSnomad » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Anyone here have Real experience with the Mini Shells through your 870? I've only managed to find One video about them being fired through the 870.
I know they weren't intended for the auto loaders, and people keep running them through the Mossy 500 Without the adapter then complain about issues, but I'm an 870 man and just can't find any real life info about these. These little slugs would be quite useful for what I need if they function through the shotgun.....

BKinzey
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Aguila Mini Shells?

Post by BKinzey » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:57 pm

Short answer: They probably won't.

When they first came out years ago I bought a 20 round box to test. I had read of people having problems but they were on sale and what the hell.

The first several rounds I ran very slowly, deliberately, and kept my 870 level. Some rounds worked, a few jammed and wouldn't chamber properly. Then I tried rapid fire and they ran like poop. Jamb-a-matics.I remember one round managed to completely 180 and was feeding backwards :lol:

If they did chamber, or were seated individually in the chamber, they worked fine. It's the inbetween the magazine and chamber that problems arise.

As my experience was years ago I don't know if any improvements to the shells were made or work arounds have been discovered.

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Scorpion8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:18 am

They work fine in over/unders for sporting clays, but cycling thru the action on either a pump or semi-auto shotgun can be problematic. I would not rely on them for home defense unless I used one (and one only) up the pipe and had the action loaded with 2-3/4 or 3" shells. I'm not going to trust cycling that action when I gotta have it. But I may consider one for a first round-kept-loaded shot. Not that I'm recommending leaving a gun in the house loaded, of course...... :twisted:
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

TMB

Post by TMB » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:27 pm

You should try some and find out. I have some NSI mini buck, works fine in both my 870s.