Rem 870 magazine replacement springs

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Ram Rod

Rem 870 magazine replacement springs

Post by Ram Rod » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 am

Want to ask where to get some of the best replacement magazine springs for extended tubes?
I'm going to get some for my 870 Police Magnum with 6 shot tube. During my search I've seen the 6-7 shot springs so guessing they are the same length or just cut some off for 6 shot?
I do want quality springs, not just cheap replacements. I've seen the Wolff extra powers for $8.99ea or 5-PK for $35.99
Should I even go for 20% extra power springs if I'm going to change every year?

BKinzey
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Rem 870 magazine replacement springs

Post by BKinzey » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:59 pm

Wolff would be an excellent selection.

I wouldn't change the springs every year. Springs wear out due to use, expanding and contracting. A fully compressed spring doesn't wear out because it is compressed. So unless you are shooting a lot, like competitively, I'd just do function checks. Most people won't wear out shotgun springs in a decade, probably more.

JeffCooper
Valued Shotgunner

Post by JeffCooper » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:58 pm

Yeah, I didn't know anyone other than Wolf made springs for guns. :-)

sveltetravel

Post by sveltetravel » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:22 am

The price of Wolff products is quite commensurate with the quality. I think you don't need to consider other alternatives.

dangunz

Post by dangunz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:30 pm

sveltetravel wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:22 am
The price of Wolff products is quite commensurate with the quality. I think you don't need to consider other alternatives.
Do you have any recommendations for affordable alternatives by any chance? Not a fan of salvage or used parts...
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. powerful words that start with s