DOVE SEASON!!!

Discussion of the Remington 870 for hunting.
jpfrog
Experienced Shotgunner

DOVE SEASON!!!

Post by jpfrog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 pm

In Texas, Dove season starts at sunrise on Saturday morning- that's almost exactly 36 hours from right now. Yes, my 870 Wingmaster restoration project will be going with me into the field one day this weekend, although only for a few birds...I typically don't like to use a 12 gauge on dove and will likely instead use my 20 gauge Beretta O/U for the majority of the birds...I'm loaning my 20 gauge 870 out to a friend, so it'll get to play too. And of course, the best 4-legged friend anyone could ever have will help me find those birds after they fall. :D

To anyone else who is heading to the field this weekend, HAPPY HUNTING, KEEP IT FUN, AND STAY SAFE!!! 8-)

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Re: DOVE SEASON!!!

Post by RichNZ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:33 am

Niiiice. Best of luck mate. Stay safe.

And take some photo's for the rest of us!

SharksFan
Shotgunner

Re: DOVE SEASON!!!

Post by SharksFan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 am

Good to see someone else excited for the ensuing season. About twelve hours away from shooting light here in Arizona.... It's almost like waiting for Christmas as a small child. It's not very far, and yet you feel as if it can't come soon enough. State limit this year is ten dove daily between mourning and white-wing, and more if you see the invasive eurasian dove. Between three hunters in the house a fine dove stew might be in order...

Good luck to any and all hunters tomorrow. Make sure you're up to date on this years regulations, be aware of your surroundings, and may all your dispatches be swift and humane.