Hello from NYC/Jersey Shore

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself.
Rich56
Shotgunner

Hello from NYC/Jersey Shore

Post by Rich56 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:57 pm

New Guy RichV. Live near the Jersey Shore, work at that court house you see in all the tv programs. I''ve always had 870 for 40 years since I'm 21. Mine now is a 870 Special Purpose Big Game. 12 ga, camo synthetic stock 20" Remchoke barrel with sights. IIRC it came with a IC and a full choke. I've added extended rifled and extented turkey chokes and a 28" vent rib barrel for trap to bird hunting. Am I missing anything? Oh yes, I'm getting a new 870 Express in 20 gauge this week for my winter home.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hello from NYC/Jersey Shore

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:19 am

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good setup going, Not sure what to suggest without more details, but I like to recommend an upgraded recoil pad to everyone who doesn't already have one. Most 870s - even a lot of current ones - don't ship with very nice pads, and for a lot of factory stocks, there are inexpensive pre-fit pads that make a huge difference in shooting comfort.

Rich56
Shotgunner

Re: Hello from NYC/Jersey Shore. I’M BACK!

Post by Rich56 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Retired last year. Caught up everything that needed my attention. Putting some time into my 870 and shotgunning. The 20ga 870 didn’t work out at all. The slugs kicked harder than anything out of the 12ga and inaccurate as hell. Live about 40 min from Ft Dix range 14 which has a civilian trap and skeet range. Will be investing time there soon.

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hello from NYC/Jersey Shore

Post by Scorpion8 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Welcome aboard! Having multiple 870's seems to be a common theme. Ask me how I know....
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!