Forend Removal

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Photogg4eva
Shotgunner

Forend Removal

Post by Photogg4eva » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi gang, I need some advice on removing the forend on my Remington 870 WM. I recently camo dipped a forend that I want to put on to my 870. I've looked at some of the videos on YouTube on removing the forend and everyone of them disessemble the 870 by removing the barrel and the magazine tube. I understand removing the barrel to get it out-of-the-way but is the step of removing the magazine tube from the receiver necessary? Since the forend slips off to the front anyway, I just thought why add to any additional disassembly. Or is it just easier to work with, having the magazine tube removed from the receiver? I'm not trying to be lazy, but I just wanted to know what everybody thought. Any advise?
Stay safe out there
— Photogg4eva

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Re: Forend Removal

Post by Banshee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:49 pm

the videos your are watching must not be for the 870. You can not remove the magazine tube from the receiver on the 870, they are silver soldered in place.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.