Front sling mount

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Front sling mount

Post by Jamie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm planning to attend a shotgun/pistol tactical class. A sling is needed. I have a Blackhawk adjustable stock, forgrip. The stock already has a sling mount, (not sure if a single sling will work for the class), besides, I think I like the two point sling better. What is a good front mount for a sling? I've seen a couple of 'plates', heard less than enthusiastic reports about them.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Front sling mount

Post by Vitaly » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 pm

http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Can you describe, or post a picture of the rest of your build? There are a lot of different front sling points to choose from, and it's hard to make recommendations without knowing things like where your rear sling point is, and whether or not you're running an extension.

Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jamie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 am

Thanks Vitaly, Synchronizer, I don't have a pic of my gun, like I said, it's a Knoxx Gen2 pistol grip, recoil reducing stock, adjustable. The rear sling mount is on the left side, half way between the grip and end of the stock. I'm kinda liking the Magpul clamp on, not real thrilled about the 'plates'.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Are you looking for a clip-on sling point like the one on the MagPul, or do you want a different style?

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:51 pm

You didn't say exactly what your needs are for a front mount. Magpul is certainly the best option IMHO for a clamp and also sling point setup. If you're wanting to maybe mount a light and or a sling, CDM Gear is a great option. I have a CDM BMT front mount on my 870. This has a short pic rai on one side and a sling point on the other side, as well as being a clamp (excellent quality). CDM makes another configuration too. I just thought i'd give you something else to consider.
This is what mine looks like. You can't see the sling sling point in this picture though The other side has a hole for a QD sling swivel; i bought a Magpul QD sling swivel to mount there, works great. I'm not crazy about the plate type sling mounts myself.
Attachments
Rem870 Tac mesa CMD Good View wall.JPG
Remington 870, Mesa Tactical Stock, Mesa Sidesaddle, Magpul Fore-end, CMD Barrel mount/Clamp
Rem870 Tac mesa CMD Good View wall.JPG (69.75 KiB) Viewed 4574 times
Last edited by Automag on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Holmes375
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by Holmes375 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 am

I'm also a fan of the Magpul clamp-on mount. I have mine set-up for QD swivels instead of the clip-hook style attachment. Works well with the QD socket on the Magpul SGA stock, too.