Pistols

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
nbk13nw
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by nbk13nw » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:12 am

I carry an SA XDS .45... Have an SA XDM 5.25 in 9mm and an SA XD in 9mm.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Pistols

Post by ponycarman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

I have a few new things to add to this thread. I traded off my little kahr cm9 and used the trade value for a down payment on this revolver. Been wanting a bug gp for a while now. Its fun to shoot!

Also made a couple improvements to my 1911. Changed the grips, new grip screws, and an arched mainspring housing. Looks more traditional and feels better in my hands . Grips are vz grips micarta double diamond pattern in blacl cherry color. Pricy but very nice. It came with vz's when I bought it so I stuck with them.

SignessSG
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by SignessSG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 am

My primary carry piece is a Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAO SAS .45ACP. I'll sometimes carry a Smith & Wesson Model 36 .38 Special snubby too. Depends on weather, clothing, ect. I am in the market for a better summer carry though. Just don't have the funds right now. I don't have any polymer-framed semi-autos; but thinking I may look into that with either a Glock, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield, or a Springfield XD, all in 9 mm. I'd like to get a smaller semi-auto that I could easily carry IWB. A Walter PPK may be another I'd consider, or even a Kahr PM9. I also like the Sig 938; but, I already have enough SAO semi-autos. I'd like something in DAO or DAO/SAO for one less thing to have to manipulate on the draw (I carry my Sig P220 Carry SAO cocked and locked, so I have to swipe the safety). In all cases, I would always carry with one in the pipe.
Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 Gauge
Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS SAO .45 ACP
Sig Sauer P938 9mm
Belgian Browning HiPower 9mm
Ruger GP100 Stainless .357 Magnum 4"
Smith & Wesson Model 36 .38 Special

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:19 pm

SignessSG wrote:I am in the market for a better summer carry though. Just don't have the funds right now. I don't have any polymer-framed semi-autos; but thinking I may look into that with either a Glock, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield, or a Springfield XD, all in 9 mm. I'd like to get a smaller semi-auto that I could easily carry IWB. A Walter PPK may be another I'd consider, or even a Kahr PM9.
I have a Kel-Tec PF9, a nice little lightweight single-stack DAO semi-auto that's good for both IWB and pocket carry, even under a t-shirt or in jeans or shorts. Not everyone likes Kel-Tecs, but there are plenty of other little DAO pistols that'll give you 9x19mm +P power in a light little package that you can easily slip into a waistband or pocket for a quick run to the Kwik-E-Mart.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:36 pm

I picked up one of those Rock Island Phillipine produced 1911 pistols and have been impressed with the quality and reliability of the gun. It is very well made and I have around 500 failure free rounds through it. I'm a second owner of this particular pistol. The story is that it was a security guards work weapon. I paid $300 OTD for it. It came with a very nice leather lined Kydex holster and two stainless steel magazines, one Chip McCornick and one Wilson Combat. Hard to beat that value.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 am

AMT longslide

my Colt Gold Cup carry piece

Colt SSA

Remington XP-100 in .223

Inglis Hi-Power with stock

Colt M1911A1
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm

couple more

220 SIG

228 SIG
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

Zebra62
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Zebra62 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 am

We have had a shake-up here at the ranch as far as our weapons go. Gypsy and I decided to give our oldest son a pair of weapons to start his own collection since he is out in the world and now has a new family to support. We gave him My old Mossy 500 Cruiser and the old Tuarus PT 58 380. Hated to see those guns go, but they are still in the family and he can protect his wife and child.

We did replace them.

For Christmas, I bought Gypsy a S&W M&P9c. 12+1 capacity and came with two mags. I picked it up from Gun-Corps in College Station as a consignment sale. Another customer bought it as a CCW, put a hundred or so rounds through it and didn't like it so he took it back. I picked it up a week later for 2/3 regular price. Shoots pretty good. Gypsy likes it. Now she will keep her fingers of my new.....

Beretta 92A1. 17+1 and came with three mags. I bought the 30 round BIG mag ( ONLY $40! 17 round mags are $45! WTF? ) from Beretta this past week. I had an M9 about a hundred years ago ( more like 30 years ago ) but let it go in a fit of insanity so I could buy a ring for my first wife. That wife is gone and I was ALWAYS kinda sore about the pistol and I finally managed to get another.

Big mag adds about 3 inches to the bottom of the grip and two pounds when load. Definately NOT for CCW on the body, but is still with me any time I exit the house, either on my hip if I am out in the field or in my man bag when I am in town. Sorry this one is upside down. Photo bucket doing something wierd. I'll try to fix it later.

*edit - upside down pick fixed by photobucket.*
Last edited by Zebra62 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The REAL definition of GUN CONTROL - The ability to keep your sights on your target.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 am

Nice pieces, Zebra62. I love the 9x19mm as a HD round; easy to control, high capacity, reliable, (relatively) cheap to practice with, and more than powerful enough for close-range indoor encounters. The M9A1 is a good, proven platform, and I've heard positive things about the M&P line as well. Does your wife's M&P have the magazine safety and/or internal lock, though? Either of those would be deal-breakers for me, except in a purely novelty/recreational firearm.

Zebra62
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Zebra62 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 am

The M&P does have the little internal lever inside the mag well to pull down rendering the weapon disfunctional. It is part of the take-down procedure. Mag out, lock the slide back, ensure weapon is unloaded, wiggle the tool out of the grip, move the lever down, unlock slide, trip the take down lever, take the slide off. Kinda complex. The Beretta is much easier.

Plus, the slide lock on the M&P is not used as a slide release as it is on the Beretta. Had me confused the first day we had it. Thought we had a defective pistol but I did some research and figured it out. Different way of doing the same thing and have to retrain myself on how to do it correctly on hers.

Hers also has the external safety which is something I definatelt wanted. The same pistol is also offered without external safety.
The REAL definition of GUN CONTROL - The ability to keep your sights on your target.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson