Mesa Tactical Sling attachments for Rem 870 police

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
brlattim

Mesa Tactical Sling attachments for Rem 870 police

Post by brlattim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I am looking on this site for the attachments I need to add a quality sling to my remy 870p. What else do I need?

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Mesa-Tact ... /92940.htm

Do I get this?
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Mesa-Rece ... /90270.htm
or this
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Mesa-Rece ... /90940.htm

I am also getting this
http://www.armsunlimited.com/Mesa-Tacti ... /90210.htm

Also can anyone recommend a good sling? Thinking of this one.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/product/ ... MgodIH4Aww
Any thoughts, suggestions? I am right handed if that matters.

THANK YOU for your help. I am relatively new to guns but greatly appreciate your help. Sorry for the dumb post.

Riverdon
New Shotgunner

Re: Mesa Tactical Sling attachments for Rem 870 police

Post by Riverdon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 pm

It really depends on what kind of sling. I personally do not like a sling attachment forward on the gun. It more than likely would get tangled in the flashlight which I do want on my HD gun. What type of stock are you going to use? The Knoxx Blackhawk stock has a sling attachment on it and it would be a good guess that many others do too. There are many threads on which kind of sling. It should maybe one of the last upgrades a person makes.

brlattim

Post by brlattim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Would you recommend this? Sometimes when I am out shooting on my wifes paren'ts property its nice to not carry shells in pockets.

http://www.armsunlimited.com/Mesa-Tacti ... /90210.htm

Why would I want to change out the stock?

Riverdon
New Shotgunner

Post by Riverdon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:25 am

I really like the mesa shell carriers. Lots of different stocks. Recoil reducing, pistol grip, folding, telescoping...

brlattim

Post by brlattim » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Honest...maybe stupid question..but are people replacing the stock etc for performance or design? I totally get making a gun your own...just wondering if its worth the investment to make any mods to my 870p. My stock came with a recoil reducing rubber pad. I would if it added durability and/or performance.

Thanks again.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:09 am

Changing the stock can be done to make the gun fit the shooter better, change the gun's appearance, or add additional features such as an adjustable length of pull or extra ammo storage.

If your current stock fits you, and you don't need it to do anything it's not already doing, you won't gain anything by changing it. My shotgun is just wearing an old, beat-up set of hardwood Police furniture, and I'd take that over some tacticool AR-style stock any day of the week.

brlattim

Post by brlattim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am

Cool. Thanks for the help. I currently own a CZ75 9mm LE, Remy 870p, Ruger 454 Super Alaskan, and am looking for a Ruger 10/22 takedown. Appreciate the advice. I have a conceal carry, and appreciate the guns I have for each intended purpose. I am by no means an expert...but I am appreciate all advice and thank you again for the input.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:49 am

I was browsing the net the other night, and ended up at Dicks Spoting Goods.com. The currently have a Ruger 10/22 Takedown that includes a case to put it in after you break it down. If i remember right, it was around 300.00. Just thought i'd mention that, in case you're still looking.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Post by MStarmer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 pm

brlattim wrote:Honest...maybe stupid question..but are people replacing the stock etc for performance or design? I totally get making a gun your own...just wondering if its worth the investment to make any mods to my 870p. My stock came with a recoil reducing rubber pad. I would if it added durability and/or performance.

Thanks again.
Depending on your size and stature a stock modification or change can make the difference between a gun you enjoy or one that goes in the "For Sale" section. For me personally I dumped my first 870 years ago after just being tired of it not fitting me well. My arms aren't all that long and I just didn't fit right. After years I have longed for another 870 and after trying the Magpul stock cannot believe the difference it makes in the feel of the gun. The ability to fit the length of pull (via included spacers) and cheek risers is worth it's weight in gold for us either above or below average in size. You can fit a wood stock but once it's cut, it's cut and not all of us like the pistol grip AR style stocks. Although I own a lot of Magpul's product I didn't care for the look of the SGA stock. But when I gave in and tried one (and played with the spacers) I never know I could get a shotgun to fit this good and this comfortable without seeing a professional fitter. There's nothing wrong changing a stock just for the look alone if it's something you are going for. If your gun works for you the way it is and fits there's no reason to waste your money. For me the ability to pick up the gun and have that front sight in perfect alignment is alone worth the price.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 pm

MStarmer wrote:You can fit a wood stock but once it's cut, it's cut
Actually, there's nothing stopping you from increasing the LoP on a wood stock.
Used to be, a long gun that someone had had since they were young would have "growth rings", where dad had cut the stock down to fit them as a kid, then gradually added chunks back on over time as they grew.