Required listening on HD shotguns

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Kentactic
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Required listening on HD shotguns

Post by Kentactic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 am

If its the end of the world and you find a cowboy novelty gun. By all means run it. Today we have no reason to select an outdated cowboy design for modern gunfights against modern weapons.

My credentials mean nothing just like this gentlemans credentials clearly mean nothing. If it sounds like hes the one whos right you should deffinatly listen to him. I have no clue who he is but hes wrong on a lot of things. Im not here to talk you into buying my DVD. I dont think he is either being its a free podcast. What im doing is opening peoples minds to alternative points of view. I cant sit down and list them in this thread but it would be wise for readers/ listners to question what they hear and read. This situation is no different. Credentials are for suckers. Experience is good. Using it to make others believe you is bad.

Bastard File
Active Shotgunner

Post by Bastard File » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Ayoob is very knowledgable, but having met him several times I find him to be a douche bag of the first order. Again, this is not to say he does not know his business, but also remember he's never been involved in a gunfight, but has studied and analyzed thousands. He offers his opinions as do many, but his fact based information is at times worth listening to.

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Post by MStarmer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Bastard File wrote:Ayoob is very knowledgable, but having met him several times I find him to be a douche bag of the first order. Again, this is not to say he does not know his business, but also remember he's never been involved in a gunfight, but has studied and analyzed thousands. He offers his opinions as do many, but his fact based information is at times worth listening to.
I attended one of Ayoob's 2-day LFI seminars way back in 90' or 91'. He's a colorful guy for sure, not exactly PC, (at least not back then) but he is a good speaker and knowledgeable. True he hasn't been in a gunfight but isn't that the goal for all of us? Sure he's spent a lot more time behind a keyboard and teaching classes than putting himself in harms way but has dedicated himself to teaching armed civilians and LE alike. You aren't going to find many "gunfighters" out there in LE that are drawing their experience from numerous shots exchanged encounters. Maybe on the military side but LE is nothing like TV, you aren't putting someone down every week. The history of Jim Cirillo is probably one of the few.

Bastard File
Active Shotgunner

Post by Bastard File » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 pm

I was a LEO for over 25 years and in the time attended a great deal of training...true I was not in the documented gunfights Cirillo was, but I did have an ocassion to be in a few...5 to be exact. I learned many things from each and gave Ayoob his just reward as an instructor and educator. I had 4 different occasions to be around him at length and found him quite knowledgable, but with a moral character of a shit house rat! We just don't think alike when it comes to the nature of ones moral fiber and I'll just leave it at that. All that aside, his knowledge and courtroom expertise goes without saying.