Folding stock Lock Pin Dimensions ?

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
Old-Duckman
New Shotgunner

Folding stock Lock Pin Dimensions ?

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:06 am

I picked this up today from my dealer. I got it from the Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store sale of Ohio National Guard (ONG) 870 Wingmaster riot gun trade-ins.

I basically think I hit the ONG lottery...As you can see from the pix, it is in excellent shape and the photos on their web site of "typical condition" were far from this condition.

Mine has a "Unservicable (Repairable)" tag "Missing Butt Stock Lock Pin" and it notes "Parts Ordered". Well my theory is that the pin got lost right after they acquired the firearms and this one sat, basically unmolested, waiting for the parts that never came or at least were never installed. So thus the excellent, near new condition.

So I have a metal lathe and know how to use it but I am asking any member who has one of these folding stocks if they would , temporarily, remove the butt stock locking pin from the stock and sketch a dimensioned drawing of it for me...Or at least photograph it with a scale (ruler) beside it in the photo and post or email me the photo.

This would be greatly appreciated so I would not have to make the pin by guessing somewhat and maybe some trial and error. I get the basic idea for the pin, spring and E retaining clip from the photos on their web site but dimensions or a more detail photo would be a godsend !

LH Receiver.jpg
LH Receiver.jpg (96.46 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
LH Barrel.jpg
LH Barrel.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
Attachments
LH Full.jpg
LH Full.jpg (105.43 KiB) Viewed 3100 times

USMA-1982
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Folding stock Lock Pin Dimensions ?

Post by USMA-1982 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Old-Duckman
New Shotgunner

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply USMA-1082 but it is not what I need. If you look at the photo of the receiver, all the way on the RH side you will see a hole in the black plastic pistol grip. The part goes in that hole and it is spring loaded. It basically pushes in to unlock the stock as it rotates into the open and closed positions. I’m guessing it is held in using an external snap ring on the other side of the gun. Shouldn’t be too hard to design but a drawing, with dimensions, would make the job a breeze.

Thanks for replying though.

USMA-1982
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by USMA-1982 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Ok, I see which pin you mean now. You might try calling ATI and seeing if their pin fits.

Old-Duckman
New Shotgunner

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:46 pm

USMA-1982 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm
Ok, I see which pin you mean now. You might try calling ATI and seeing if their pin fits.
Thanks, I just sent them an email inquiring. Probably a long shot but worth a try.

I checked Numrich and Remington’s site with no luck. Numrich actually has the steel butt plate which sorta surprised me. My dealer suggested contacting The Ohio National Guard and see if I can talk with their armourer and see if they have the parts. Another long shot IMO, i’ll Probably just fire up the lathe next week and turn something out. I ordered a snap ring kit assortment from Amazon this morning in anticipation of the job.