Magazine extension/light 12guage

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Icantthinkofone

Magazine extension/light 12guage

Post by Icantthinkofone » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 am

I have a Remington 870 tactical express 12guage with a 6+1 capacity. Currently running a Blackhawk Knoxx gen3 stock and Forend and looking for a weapon light. I love the idea of the magazine tube lights but the only option I’m seeing is the Steiner Mk 7 or the gorilla tactical i think? Based out of Thailand? The MK7 won’t work for me since it doesn’t come with a pressure switch and with my stock tube I’ll have to reach past the barrel and hit the button which is also quite combersome, and i can’t find a link for the other light not have i heard if it’s even reliable. Just a short ten second vid on YouTube. What are my options guys? I’m open to other suggestions like the Eotech forend but i do like the idea of the magazine light
Last edited by Icantthinkofone on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

USAF Shooter
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Magazine extension/light 12guage

Post by USAF Shooter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:20 am

I use a Magpul Forend with a 2" rail (or a Magpul cantilever rail) and a Streamlight TRL-1, 300 Lumens. That way you don't spend a fortune and can turn your light on without moving your hand; works great for me.
Magpul Forend: $28.00
Magpul rail: $9.00
Streamlight TRL-1: $100.00

Just a less expensive way to have a quality Light setup with quality parts. :mrgreen:
Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...

Icantthinkofone

Post by Icantthinkofone » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 am

That’s a good suggestion! I’m just not sure if i like things to protrude that much, i hate the idea of it getting stuck on something or getting banged around unnecessarily, i k ow it’s all about the training and proper training will keep that from happening but, less snagage the better. Do you ever run into issue where the light gets caught on random stuff?
This is what i was ideally looking for.

USAF Shooter
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by USAF Shooter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:11 am

No, I never have had that problem. To me it's a no-nonsense way of adding a light, and having it easily turned on/off. I have seen many people use the same configuration with no complaints.

USAF Shooter
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by USAF Shooter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:12 am

That is a good looking setup!! Maybe you should go with that. Nice!

Icantthinkofone

Post by Icantthinkofone » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Haha yea i suppose i just have reservations about tech from Thailand lol not to mention 130 bucks for something i can’t even find a review on is why i came here plus, I’m still new to remingtons and hadn’t thought of anything else to start a post on so here we are

BKinzey
Senior Shotgunner

Post by BKinzey » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 am

ElEll wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:06 pm
Hello. The Remington 870 is a great choice. ... I paid$5,000 for the Remington at the time. Of course, the improvement of the gun also cost a considerable price (but I, as a Texas fan of weapons, do not feel sorry). I painted the remington and added a backlight + a small optical sight. XXXX link removed.
You got ripped off on the the price for the firearms you never bought. Stop trying to rip off people here.

You ain't from Texas either! Somebody get a rope!

JeffCooper
Valued Shotgunner

Post by JeffCooper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Aside from the troll? I can't say enough about how good both Surefire and Streamlight are. Top quality. I did put a cheap red-dot on a 12ga and it lasted exactly one shot (slug) before the lights went out. If you trust your life to your 870, don't skimp on Chinese crap. Recoil is the ultimate test! My 1911's all have Streamlights, and my shotties have Surefire except for my son's refurbished 870