Safety question...

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
J-wall
New Shotgunner

Safety question...

Post by J-wall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:50 am

I am a lefty and generally used to doing things backwards. However, I was wondering, on a right handed 870, can you just turn the safety around? I watched the video about the plastic left handed safety install, and it got me wondering. Tried to send Synchronizer a private message with the contact section of the profile and managed to hit add as a foe. :shock: :oops: NOT my intent! Dang phone screen!

Thanks for responses i advance, i really alreciate it!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Safety question...

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 am

No, you can't just turn the safety around, the location of the channel for spring & ball detent is offset to one side of the trigger plate. There are some ways to relocate the hole, but they're kind of complicated. An easier way is to buy a right-hand-eject, left-hand-safety trigger plate assembly, which has the detent channel flipped to allow any right-hand safety to work in the other direction. If you want cheap though, there are drop-in left-handed safety buttons that are designed to work in normal right-hand trigger plates. Obviously this limits the styles you have to pick from, but if all you're after is something that goes left-to-right rather than right-to-left, it's a pretty easy option.

J-wall
New Shotgunner

Post by J-wall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Thank you, sir. I aplreciate it. I thought that might be the case. And thank you for all the great videos!

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:34 am

Here is the safety which I reviewed: http://www.rem870.com/2016/07/10/fortma ... ngton-870/

The only disadvantage - it is made of plastic.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun