New 870 Police Magnum!

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
ShotgunSam870
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by ShotgunSam870 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Just purchased a brand new Remington 870 Police Magnum, equipped with Tritium Rifle Sights, 18.5” barrel, and Parkerized finish. This is my second 870, and I decided I wanted the best of the best that Remington has to offer. So far no external upgrades, might keep it the way it is, but considering a Surefire DSF Forend. Picked it up just this past Sunday, so I haven’t even fired it yet. Pictures don’t do it a justice, looks even better in person. Remington all the way!
Attachments
95D52B0C-533F-425F-B4D5-6A37B674A214.jpeg
95D52B0C-533F-425F-B4D5-6A37B674A214.jpeg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 4290 times
Last edited by ShotgunSam870 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by Chief Brody » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 pm

Nice! Congrats on the 870P. I bought a new parked/walnut version in 2011 - I shoot it a lot and it's been running great. Enjoy yours!
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

ShotgunSam870
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by ShotgunSam870 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:37 am

Chief Brody wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 pm
Nice! Congrats on the 870P. I bought a new parked/walnut version in 2011 - I shoot it a lot and it's been running great. Enjoy yours!
Nice! I was considering a walnut version, but opted for the synthetic furniture. I think the walnut furniture looks great 870s. I couldn’t find many police trade in 870Ps so I decided it was better to spend the extra $ and get one brand new.
“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

JSutter
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: The Great Southwest

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by JSutter » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Congratulations on your 870P. It should outlast your great grandkids. Ours is always standing quietly ready at home, also wears the standard synthetic stock and rifle sights, with the old Sure Fire foreend and a sling. The 870 is a reliable pump.
John, eating apples beneath the old oak tree at Sutter’s Fort in 1849. 🇺🇸

ShotgunSam870
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by ShotgunSam870 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:17 pm

JSutter wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm
Congratulations on your 870P. It should outlast your great grandkids. Ours is always standing quietly ready at home, also wears the standard synthetic stock and rifle sights, with the old Sure Fire foreend and a sling. The 870 is a reliable pump.
Thank you very much! I really enjoy the nice and easy handling, with it being a smaller weapon as a whole. Ammo capacity irked me a first (4+1), but began to grow on me. Can’t wait for many, many more range days with it!
“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

50mercman
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by 50mercman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Congrats on your purchase.

Practice combat loading and work on keeping that mag tube full. A good process it to use light shot loads and topping off the mag tube while shooting. If the gun goes dry you can either let gravity help and drop a round in the chamber through the open ejection port from over the top of the receiver or come from underneath to slide a round in. Both methods have their advantages.

If you haven't attended any formal training I would recommend you do so.

Enjoy and be safe.

ShotgunSam870
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by ShotgunSam870 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 am

50mercman wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm
Congrats on your purchase.

Practice combat loading and work on keeping that mag tube full. A good process it to use light shot loads and topping off the mag tube while shooting. If the gun goes dry you can either let gravity help and drop a round in the chamber through the open ejection port from over the top of the receiver or come from underneath to slide a round in. Both methods have their advantages.

If you haven't attended any formal training I would recommend you do so.

Enjoy and be safe.
Thanks! In the 4 or 5 times I’ve gone shooting with it, I love it even more. I have practiced cycling the action as soon as the shot breaks, for rapid follow up shots. I still need to practice keeping her topped off and full loaded.

Stay safe and shoot straight.
“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

User avatar
John A.
Super Shotgunner
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by John A. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm

If you could find a copy of magpuls shotgun course, would be worth the asking price. It covers a lot of fundementals for home defense and self defense and techniques.

https://www.rem870.com/2012/08/06/magpu ... s-on-sale/
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you have ignorant gun laws.
-John A.

User avatar
Nick Randall
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 am

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by Nick Randall » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:29 am

I've just ordered an 870 Police. What is the difference between the 870 Police and the Police Magnum?

User avatar
John A.
Super Shotgunner
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: New 870 Police Magnum!

Post by John A. » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:22 pm

I would assume the magnum will be chambered to accept longer shells.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you have ignorant gun laws.
-John A.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests