Affordable reflex sight.

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Jbur
Experienced Shotgunner

Affordable reflex sight.

Post by Jbur » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:34 pm

So I was looking at the vortex venom red dot on Amazon for about 220. Anyone try that one? Any other good options for around $200 or less? I like the low profile reflex sight like the vortex the best.

Vortex Venom Red Dot Top Load 3 MOA Dot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S2P2J90/re ... rAb8XGANGQ

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Magpul SGA stock, M-lok forend, ms3 sling, Wilson combat follower/spring, vangcomp safety, volquartsen extractor, heavy carrier spring, Nordic barrel clamp.

Jbur
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Affordable reflex sight.

Post by Jbur » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Found this one for really cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053TUI5U/re ... rAbB0HFKY7

Magpul SGA stock, M-lok forend, ms3 sling, Wilson combat follower/spring, vangcomp safety, volquartsen extractor, heavy carrier spring, Nordic barrel clamp.

John A.
Super Shotgunner

Post by John A. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 pm

I tend to prefer the bead sight for a shotgun.

But I have also used Bushnell TRS25 low profiles as well.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you have ignorant gun laws.
-John A.

Jbur
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jbur » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:00 am

This one got good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00200E0HM/re ... rAbPD0Z9X7

John A.
Super Shotgunner

Post by John A. » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Jbur wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:00 am
This one got good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00200E0HM/re ... rAbPD0Z9X7
That's the one I was talking about.

TRS25 Bushnell.

I've never used it on one of my personal scatterguns, but I have used them on a couple of pistol caliber carbines and one of my buddies shotguns. Mine are mounted on my MP5K and Scorpion. They have done well for them.

As for using the tall mounts like you would use on an AR15 and such, I am not fond of the lower 1/3rd cowitness. I'm old school and like a true cowitness. I don't like 1/3rd witness anything.

But neither of which would pertain to using one on a standard shotgun. Sorry for the sidetrack.
-John A.

Jbur
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jbur » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:09 pm

I think I'm going to give that one a try. It's cheap so if I don't like it no big deal.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:26 am

I have a TruGlo TG8030DBR for my 870, and it's worked well for awhile now. Not the most compact thing, but it has some nice features like adjustable color & brightness and see-through lens covers, and the 50-yard parallax is right about where you'd want it for a fighting shotgun using both buckshot and slugs. It uses a really common & inexpensive battery as well. The integral Remington mount on the DBR model makes things really simple, but there are also versions that attach to 1913 rails, like the TG8030DB that Remington puts on the 870 SPS Turkey/Predator. The rail-mount version seems to have a street price of $40 - $50.

Jbur
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jbur » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:56 am

Synchronizor wrote:I have a TruGlo TG8030DBR for my 870, and it's worked well for awhile now. Not the most compact thing, but it has some nice features like adjustable color & brightness and see-through lens covers, and the 50-yard parallax is right about where you'd want it for a fighting shotgun using both buckshot and slugs. It uses a really common & inexpensive battery as well. The integral Remington mount on the DBR model makes things really simple, but there are also versions that attach to 1913 rails, like the TG8030DB that Remington puts on the 870 SPS Turkey/Predator. The rail-mount version seems to have a street price of $40 - $50.

Thank you, I'll look into that! I have the tactical model with the picatiny rail on top.

BobTR

Post by BobTR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello! Try atn x-sight II hd 3-14x (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). Perhaps this is exactly what you need. Good luck!

John A.
Super Shotgunner

Post by John A. » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm

I have an Xsight gen 1. It's one of the 6-20x.

It is not something I would want on a shotgun. :lol:
-John A.