Advice needed: Shotgun Wall Mount

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Stealthwife

Advice needed: Shotgun Wall Mount

Post by Stealthwife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

Hi all!

First, please forgive my ignorance on the subject matter. I've learned from my husband these are the places to come for information when needed.

Husband recently purchased a Remington 870 for home defense purposes. It's currently locked in the inaccessible (in a urgent situation) safe until he safely comes up with a "storage plan". I've decided to make this newest gun a Christmas gift focus. I've purchased the Talon T3 stock as I know he intends to add one (would appreciate any insight on this purchase as well) and now I'm on the hunt for a shotgun wall mount with a lock. From the research I've done this far, I've stumbled across the ShotLock, the BoomDock and the Hornady Rapid Safe. Would love recommendations/reviews or other suggestions if you have them.
We do have young children in the home so bedside is not an option at this time.
Looking to make this purchase asap,

Thanks in advance!

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Advice needed: Shotgun Wall Mount

Post by Scorpion8 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:33 am

Welcome, and nice to see the team working together. Have you considered one of the "coffee table" stealth storage systems like this (http://thippo.com/coffee-table-with-dra ... 607f9a8b0/)?

http://thippo.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... pallet.jpg
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:08 am

Hello and welcome.

I've seen one where it screws into the wall studs, and then locks a pump-action shotgun over the receiver with the action open. That might be an option, if something like it is available where you live. The way cop cruisers used to have them mounted, or in some locales still do I guess, but mounted to the wall might be an option... There are all sorts of new entrepreneur businesses putting guns inside shelving units and whatnot. Those would have to have some kind of easy-access lock until your little ones are completely educated about firearms.

If you search some of the older threads here you might find a young couple with kids who had one lad take a shell to school. No bid deal, says I, but as you know much better than I, these days they call out the SWAT team, lock down the school, assign pyschologists and therapists and generally go all-out nuts over such issues. Needless to say, the lad got the full-on draconian treatment from his school, and the parents were mortified and more than a little peeved at the irresponsibility of the little young'un.

Good luck with your determinations and planning. I do believe I've even seen a roll drawer that slides under a large bed, but I'm not sure if it locks securely or what.
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:05 am

There is a big advertisement for a system that mounts to the wall in the current issue of the _American Rifleman_. It locks over the receiver and has a key pad to open it. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10182 ... teel-black

Don't know if it is within budget or not.
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:21 am

DaveC wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:05 am
There is a big advertisement for a system that mounts to the wall in the current issue of the _American Rifleman_. It locks over the receiver and has a key pad to open it. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10182 ... teel-black

Don't know if it is within budget or not.
That's pretty neat, actually. Seems well-thought-out with respect to installation and quick access. I like that there seems to be space for the fore-end to fit in there (so you can run a long fore-end that works better for shorter members of the household), and how the gun's loading port and ejection port are covered. A lot of other locking shotgun mounts don't do either of those things. It should do real good at keeping a loaded shotgun safe around folks who shouldn't be touching it - including keeping them from pulling live shells out of the thing. You can even wire it into the wall so you don't have to change batteries.

One potential downside is that I don't see this thing playing nice with red dots or side-saddles, although maybe a 4-round sidesaddle would clear the lid.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:39 am

https://store.tacticalwalls.com/mobile/ ... or-p2.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John A.
Super Shotgunner

Post by John A. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:39 am

One idea is over top of the closet door on the inside.

Out of sight, out of mind, and even more important; out of reach of the kids. Especially if your husband puts it in while you have the kids distracted or not home.

Kind of like some of these pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=shotgun ... 4522199282
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you have ignorant gun laws.
-John A.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:39 pm

I use a simple Mossberg Loc-Box for my HD shotgun
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

gard
New Shotgunner

Post by gard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 am