return to wood stock

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
novaz
Shotgunner

return to wood stock

Post by novaz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:56 pm

I would like to replace my stock and forearm with wood products can anyone recommend a quality company that makes these parts
I have an 870 magnum express made in 1971
Thanks

Photogg4eva
Shotgunner

Re: return to wood stock

Post by Photogg4eva » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 pm

I had purchased a second forend off of eBay for my Remington 870 Wing Master SM and the thing absolutely fit perfectly. I texted some inquiries as to seller as to the actual length because the super mag stock is longer than the regular 870 wing master stocks. So be sure of your lengths when switching out the stock. I had also been looking for stocks at Midway USA and Cheaper Than Dirt, although there are a number of places that you can get them online. Just do your thorough research and you should be fine .
Stay safe out there
— Photogg4eva

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:46 pm

I think the best-looking wood for the 870 is still the factory Police furniture.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:18 am

novaz wrote:...can anyone recommend a quality company that makes these parts
Yeah, Remington. Factory walnut 870 furniture is well-made, strong, and guaranteed to fit your gun. It'll also use standard hardware that's easy to find or replace. Wingmaster furniture has the fancy finish & checkering, Police walnut is simple, strong straight-grain. You can buy new from Remington, or look on the used market if you want to save some money (especially if you don't mind a few cosmetic nicks & scratches). If you are buying used though, be aware that not all factory 870 stocks have been made from walnut.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 am

I have some listed on this forum for sale in good condition

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2691
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

PA Hunter 67

Post by PA Hunter 67 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 am

Hi.I'm new to this forum.But I refinish 870 Police wood stocks an forends.I get old cop cruiser furniture that's beat up an I strip-sand-stain An put multiple coats of true oil on them.