Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
oriyen
Shotgunner

Re: Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Post by oriyen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Hogue overmold stock with 12" line of pull and a Remington synthetic sport fore end.
The Remington synthetic sport fore end cycles the shells 100% of the time.
The Hogue fore end seems to not want to cycle the last shell unless you really pumped it EXTREMELY HARD.
IT fit well and looked good but seemed rub or drag a little on my express super mag.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 10572 times
Last edited by oriyen on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

oriyen
Shotgunner

Post by oriyen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:40 pm

One more
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 10572 times

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 pm

oriyen, is that Choate stock on the first pic? Do you like it?
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

oriyen
Shotgunner

Post by oriyen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Yes it's the Choate stock. I like it but surprisingly the Houge stock feels so much more natural when you shoulder it. As soon as you shoulder it in a squared up stance you're looking down the barrel. And I am 6'"3 tall and weigh 315 pounds. With the pistol grip I had to make slight adjustments to see the target clearly.
I was a little worried the 12" line of pull wouldn't work for me but it is just about perfect for me.

Holmes375
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by Holmes375 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:43 pm

That's a nice shotgun. I, too, like Hogue's furniture. One thing I've found rather often when installing their forends is a bit of interference when cycling the shells. The upper edges of the forend tend to drag along especially under dynamic rapid action work.

The Hogue forend needs special attention to getting it centered upon installation. The integral bracket allows a bit of play to port or starboard and this increases the issue. Make sure the forend slider and the Hogue forend are centered while tightening the tube nut. I use a couple of toothpicks as shims to keep the forend centered while tightening the nut.

Even when properly centered there is still enough flex in the rails and the forend that contact may occur. I now always remove some material from the upper edges with a sandpaper block. Its easy to do and looks fine while leaving enough clearance to avoid any interference.

I may have to give that shorty Hogue buttstock another look. I like the Magpul piece but its heavier than I'd like.

oriyen
Shotgunner

Post by oriyen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:18 am

Thanks Holmes375 for the information and comments.
I Wil revisit the Hogue fore end after I smooth it out a bit.
I would recommend it to anyone interested in trying it out, the online store I purchased It from offered a money back guarantee no questions asked so I had nothing to loose if I didn't like it. So far I like it a lot.

New Shotgunner

Post by 1190405 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:14 am

1970's PD trade-in Wingmaster
- New production 870P 18.5" IC barrel
- Remington +2 magazine extension
- Surefire 618FGA forend
- Speedfeed IV-S stock
- GG&G front slide plate
- 870P heavy carrier dog spring
- Fortmann's left-handed safety

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 am

1190405, was it easy to install Fortmann's left-handed safety? I receive a lot of questions about left-handed safety for Remington 870.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

New Shotgunner

Post by 1190405 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:27 am

Vitaly wrote:1190405, was it easy to install Fortmann's left-handed safety? I receive a lot of questions about left-handed safety for Remington 870.
It was very easy to install. I believe it installs as easily as a right-handed one. If I recall, all it required was pushing out a cross pin and pulling out a spring and ball bearing. Then, the old safety can be removed and the new one put in and the rest of the install is just the reverse.

I wish they made a metal version though...and maybe one with a rounded/ball button end.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:03 am

1190405 wrote:- Remington +2 magazine extension
- GG&G front slide plate
How's that working out for you? I tried pairing a Remington extension with a GG&G sling plate (albeit a different part that had a QD sling loop), and found that the plate was too thick to allow the extension tube to make proper contact with the magazine tube inside the coupling, leading to unreliable function:
How thick is your sling plate? And can your extension tube reach the magazine tube with the plate under the coupling?
1190405 wrote:I wish they made a metal version though...and maybe one with a rounded/ball button end.
Remington does make a trigger plate with a reversed safety spring/detent hole, which will let you install any normal safety button in a left-handed orientation. It's also possible for a gunsmith to modify a right-hand-safety trigger plate to reverse the safety. But both of these options are going to be more expensive than the drop-in left-handed safety you have.

I'd be interested to hear how the plastic part holds up as you use it. As far as I know, that's the only drop-in option for a left-hended safety in a right-hand-safety trigger plate.