What's your EDC?

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Re: What's your EDC?

Post by ponycarman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm

I had a pf9 once. I liked the size. It was snappy in the recoil department. I could never get mine to function properly. It would fail to extract multiple times per mag. Even after keltec replaced almost every part in it. After that I sold it. My dads p11 has been perfect though. I don't hold it against them and I still like some of their offerings.

I have since got a kahr cm9. Its a little smaller and way less snappy. While the trigger on the keltec wasn't too bad this kahr has an amazingly smooth trigger. And the recoil is much less too. I have yet to have any problems with it.
I like some of keltec's stuff but it is too expensive right now. The ksg is increadable and I love their little fold up carbines that take the glock mags. Their customer service is great too.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 pm

ponycarman wrote:I had a pf9 once. I liked the size. It was snappy in the recoil department. I could never get mine to function properly. It would fail to extract multiple times per mag. Even after keltec replaced almost every part in it. After that I sold it. My dads p11 has been perfect though. I don't hold it against them and I still like some of their offerings.
Mine does the same thing with some types of cheap, lightweight practice ammo, but I don't worry about it. It's extremely light-weight for a recoil-operated gun, and was built to handle +P ammunition. Every type of standard-pressure or +P carry ammo I've ever fired through it has functioned flawlessly (apart from one fail-to-feed that was my fault for putting the magazine spring in backward), so I just use the occasional hang-up with plinking stuff as practice for clearing jams quickly. I've gotten compliments on how quickly I can get the thing cleared and back into action.
ponycarman wrote:I like some of keltec's stuff but it is too expensive right now. The ksg is increadable and I love their little fold up carbines that take the glock mags.
Yeah, Kel-Tec is a very innovative gunmaker, with some very original ideas. As an engineer, seeing videos of them sending out prototypes for rough-environment testing is also very confidence-inspiring. I've had the opportunity to handle a KSG and a SUB-2000. Someday when I have more money to spend on hobbies, I'd love to have a 9x19 Glock-mag SUB-2000 to compliment my Glock pistol, and an SU-16D9 to go with an AR-15. The KSG is a cool gun as well, but since the stock's comb is at the same level as the top rail, it needs really tall iron sights. With an optic, this isn't as much of an issue.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 am

Mine jammed with many different types of ammo. I lost count of all the brands I tried lol. Never did use +p ammo. I was under the impression that keltec didn't advise using +p in the pistol. I can't remember but I thought it was in the manual.

A sub 2000 would be super fun and a pretty potent defensive tool with the right ammo. I love how they fold up into a small package haha. I've been leaning more to traditional and classic firearms here lately. A ruger blackhawk single action and marlin 1894 combo would be neat. So many firearms I want to collect but not enough money to get them all haha.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:14 am

ponycarman wrote:Never did use +p ammo. I was under the impression that keltec didn't advise using +p in the pistol. I can't remember but I thought it was in the manual.
The manual that came with mine said it can be used, just not extensively. I've shot several boxes to check for reliable function, but now I just carry it, though I shoot one or two occasionally to test sight zero, or to let someone else feel how it recoils with +P. Like any gun, higher-pressure stuff will simply wear it out faster, and the PF-9 was never designed for a high round count to begin with.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh ok gotcha. Its been a while since I've had it so I wasn't sure. And because of the issues i never got that far haha.

Bastard File
Active Shotgunner

Post by Bastard File » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:00 am

My EDC (Concealed) is a Kimber "Combat Carry" .45 ACP carried in a Milt Sparks "Summer Special". Along with it is a spare Wilson magazine in a Milt Sparks magazine pouch worn on the left side along with a Leatherman "Wave" in a custom made flap top sheath. I carry a USA Made Old Timer Model 6OT folder in my right back pocket with a leather lanyard attached with 3 blood knots which allow me to retrieve it easily. In my right front pocket I have a vintage Gerber micarta folder...Vick's Inhaler....change...clipped to the same pocket is a medium Cold Steel "Voyager" which has been very well used.

TrAB418

Post by TrAB418 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:09 am

I carry a S&W M&P 9c in a Crossbreed supertuck. Usually have a S&W spring knife, keys, copenhagen ect.
Attachments
M&P9c.jpg
M&P9c.jpg (52.4 KiB) Viewed 6942 times

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:27 am

TrAB418 wrote:I carry a S&W M&P 9c in a Crossbreed supertuck. Usually have a S&W spring knife, keys, copenhagen ect.
Really like this handgun!
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

TrAB418

Post by TrAB418 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 am

Vitaly wrote:
TrAB418 wrote:I carry a S&W M&P 9c in a Crossbreed supertuck. Usually have a S&W spring knife, keys, copenhagen ect.
Really like this handgun!
Thank ya! I love it, I think it was a good choice for my first carry weapon.

stratotrev
Shotgunner

Post by stratotrev » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 am

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw up a couple pics of my daily carry weapon. It's a Springfield 1911-A1 built for me by the Springfield custom shop. It started out as a basic 1911-A1 GI. I had them do a trigger job, lower and polish the feed ramp, and lower and flare the ejection port. I had them add all Wilson Combat bulletproof titanium internals, Wilson Combat barrel bushing and hammer, with a match grade barrel, and it is finished in Green-T with Black-T trim. I added the tan G10 grips myself. Everything else is for the most part standard of the 1911 model. I carry it in a Fricke Archangel IWB holster with 3 Wilson Combat 8 round magazines (one locked and loaded). On the occasion I need something more petite, I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 40c with 2 spare mags in the same model of holster as above.

I can't seem to find the morning???