What's your EDC?

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: What's your EDC?

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

ponycarman wrote:I still think the 357 version is worth the extra money. For the extra $50 you get a steel frame instead of aluminum. It adds about 3oz of weight. And you get the ability to uses an extra caliber.
Yeah, I prefer a .357 Mag over a .38 Special for exactly that reason, regardless of ballistics. If nothing else, the .357 Mag gun will always be that much more robust.

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Very dated photo below.

Understand that I cannot carry at all at my work. Been like that for a decade. I usually front pocket carry a J-frame. No knife, but frequently a leatherman tool and a box of matches or lighter and other odds and ends.

Top: 4-in. S&W M619 7-shot .357 Magnum with "Hog hunter" Crimson Trace laser grips w/ 158gr .38 +P LSWCHPs "night stand"

Middle: 3-in. Ruger SP101 6-shot .327 Fed. Mag. since updated to DAO/bobbed hammer, Crimson trace grip w/ 115gr. .327 Speer JHPs
Bottom: 1-7/8-in. S&W M638-2 5-shot .38 +P, Crimson trace grip w/ 135-gr. Speer GDHP +P

Not shown: 2 3/4-in. Ruger Speed Six .357 w/ Tyler T-grip w/ Hornady "Critical Defense" 125gr. projectiles.
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

Carlo1137
Valued Shotgunner

Post by Carlo1137 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

DaveC wrote:Very dated photo below.

Understand that I cannot carry at all at my work. Been like that for a decade. I usually front pocket carry a J-frame. No knife, but frequently a leatherman tool and a box of matches or lighter and other odds and ends.

Top: 4-in. S&W M619 7-shot .357 Magnum with "Hog hunter" Crimson Trace laser grips w/ 158gr .38 +P LSWCHPs "night stand"

Middle: 3-in. Ruger SP101 6-shot .327 Fed. Mag. since updated to DAO/bobbed hammer, Crimson trace grip w/ 115gr. .327 Speer JHPs
Bottom: 1-7/8-in. S&W M638-2 5-shot .38 +P, Crimson trace grip w/ 135-gr. Speer GDHP +P

Not shown: 2 3/4-in. Ruger Speed Six .357 w/ Tyler T-grip w/ Hornady "Critical Defense" 125gr. projectiles.
Nice Revolvers! :D
BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Very nice revolvers! I want to get some more of them myself. They just make sense to me.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I gotta get some pics up of my 2-3/4-in. stainless Ruger Speed Six .357 with the brushed aluminum Tyler T-grip adapter installed! In an OWB fish-scale pattern ox-blood leather holster that would be my flashy show-off "barbecue gun" for sure... Except I don't get invited to those kinds of barbecues! :oops: :lol:
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:42 am

My EDC load out. It changes slightly with weather conditions.

LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 am

mercman wrote:My EDC load out. It changes slightly with weather conditions.

At first glance, the bottom handgun looks like a Kel-Tec P11 in 9x19, but looking at the way the slide is cut (near as I can tell from the picture), that might actually be a Kel-Tec P-40 in .40 S&W (or, if it's the rare P-357, you're awesome, and I want details).

The other one seems to be a subcompact 3rd-gen Glock in one of the small-frame calibers. The round in that magazine looks too small to be the .45 GAP, and I doubt you carry .380 ACP; so I'm thinking either a Glock 26, 27, or 33.

Also, gotta respect someone who includes snacks in their EDC.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice! What flashlight is that. I agree, looks like a glock 26 or another subcompact glock. The other looks like the p3at. It isn't big enough to be the p11. My dad has a p11. Nice pistol, but it has a very heavy trigger.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Very sorry about the late reply!! Yes, my EDC is a Glock 27, .40 S&W with a KelTec P3AT .380ACP as a backup. The KelTec does have a long, heavy trigger but I've practiced quite a bit with it. It is mainly my 'ear gun' anyways and trigger pull probably won't be too much of an issue.

When I'm on duty my sidearm is a Glock 22 .40S&W and the G27 is then my backup with KelTec as a hideout.

Snacks! Yes, I always have some form of trail victual with me. Lately its been dried cherries and granola, but the protein bars are convenient. I also have a few of those foil 'canned' water pouches that are not shown. Some hard candy is also one of my staples.

The flash light is a Fenix TK12 with strobe and variable brightness functions. The crenelated bezel allows use as an impact weapon. Nice light. I installed one of the Matt Graham designed Sure Fire grip rings on it which makes it much easier to control when shooting or lighting something up.

The pen is a KYZ unit that serves as a puncture/kubotan/writing implement. Very handy.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 pm

ponycarman wrote:The other looks like the p3at. It isn't big enough to be the p11. My dad has a p11.
You're right about the size; and as I look at it, I can see the extra pin in the back of the grip that the P-11 doesn't have.

I was comparing it to the P-3AT on Kel-Tec's website:

The slide and extractor on the pistol in the picture looks much more like the one on the Kel-Tec P-40 or P-357:

Apparently though, there's another version of the P-3AT that has a different slide & extractor:

Kel-Tec makes some nifty little pocket pistols. They're not the classiest-looking things, but they're perfectly functional and a great bargain for the money. The DAO trigger definitely takes some practice, but it's much simpler and cheaper than something like a Glock action, and I don't much care for manual safeties that are far too easy to forget about under stress.

I carry a PF-9 when I need something more concealable than my full-sized Glock 31. Since it's more often a solo-carry weapon than a back-up, I'd much rather rely on a 9x19 +P than a .380 ACP.