Just tried to buy a Mossberg...

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Just tried to buy a Mossberg...

Post by UltimateGuns » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:28 pm

I have to say, I'm sort of shocked right now. I just tried to order a Mossberg 500 from grabagun.com. The price was $385. I added it to my cart, and it was still $385. As I entered FFL and credit card info, the price jumped by over $6.

I called them and spent literally 21 minutes on hold before they answered. Not a huge deal, I just left the phone on speaker as I got ready for work. A guy finally picks up and tells me he won't adjust the price, because he only makes $2 profit on each gun they sell, but to go ahead and buy it, and if I see it on their website for the lower price at a later date, they'll give me a refund.

Have any of you ever dealt with something like that? I just think that's a shady way to do business.

BTW, I emptied my cart, and told him to forget it.
Last edited by UltimateGuns on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Just tried to buy a Mossberg...

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 am

Weird. Maybe prices were in the process of getting updated for the new year, and your timing was just really (un)lucky?

870noob
Shotgunner

Post by 870noob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:27 am

That's not good customer service. I would buy elsewhere if it was me...

wallynwylie

Post by wallynwylie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am

That's bizarre. They're local to me and have great prices, so I've shopped them several times. I never had anything like this happen.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:08 am

it is the credit card fee.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Banshee wrote:it is the credit card fee.
Ding ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.

The 385 was the cash price. They add about 3% for credit cards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Scorpion8 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Still you could have immediately bought it and then told them right away that you see it cheaper on their website and ask for your refund. Alternatively, explain to the nice customer service gent in patient tones that you are going to do just that, and ask him how much time and money saving him from all that hassle is worth and why not just give you the discount now? I did that once and for over an hour could not get it thru the gal's head that she was costing the company money by dragging the discussion out (Me: "They just paid you an hour's salary e.g. $20/hr while we discuss this to avoid paying me $6"). Logic failed me at that point, and I lost. But that was a company that I never did business with again because they couldn't empower their folks to use their brains.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!