coach guns!

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

coach guns!

Post by ponycarman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:49 pm

This is my first double barrel shotgun. I had been looking at it a while and finally grabbed it. It is a present from my wife for our anniversary in December. Even thought it isn't an 870 I figured yall might like to see it.

Make by baikal in russia and built like a tank. Its a 12ga and has exposed hammers, 20in barrels, rremovable choke tubes, and walnut furniture. Pretty nice build quality. 2 3/4in chamber. I like it so far. Hope to get out and shoot it soon.

If anyone else has a double barrel or coach gun they would like to post feel free :)

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: coach guns!

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Nice piece, one of the MP200-series?

What type of choke tubes does that use? Can it share tubes with anything else you own?

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Yep mp220f model. Unfortunately it doesn't share tubes with anything else I have. Just other baikals I guess. It came with 4 tubes. Cylinder, improved cylinder, modified, and full . Not sure what others I would need yet. But there is an online company that carries others for the baikals.

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 am

Fantastic Russian coach gun there. Very nice! Personally, I really like the exposed hammer variants. I don't think I've got any pictures of my wife's Cowboy Action coachgun... It is a 20 gauge Stoeger made in Brazil. Quite a nice little double-barrel. I still kick myself for not grabbing up a Stevens 311 I once found because it was in the hard-to-find 16-gauge... Oh well.

Thanks for the pics, and congratulations!
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks Davec. I too really like the exposed hammer shotguns. Not too many of them are available at affordable prices. I looked at a few stoegers but passed them over for this one. I will probably end up with one eventually :). I really like the doubles. I've hear the 311s are nice but haven't had the opportunity to see one locally yet. Also hear the fox doubles are nice.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 pm

I got to shoot this ast Saturday and boy was it fun. Packs a wallop too haha. Pretty good shotgun for the money. Time will tell for the longterm durability. If its anything like the ak russia is famous for it will be just fine.