Electric Guitars

Talk about everything not related to Remington 870
SignessSG
Experienced Shotgunner

Electric Guitars

Post by SignessSG » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Probably already a thread somewhere, but just thought I'd throw up a new topic anyway. I always wanted a Gibson Les Paul; but, found Gibson's pricing a little outrageous; so, I had this vision in my head of a Black Beauty with a twist, and decided to design and put one together from parts I choose. This is a carved-top Warmoth Les Paul body with mahogany back and maple top. The neck is unfinished indian rosewood with a macassar ebony fretboard, and standard thin contour. It is a Warmoth Pro Construction 25-1/2" scale compound radius neck with 1-11/16" width at the bone nut. Frets are 6105. Pearloid block inlays and neck binding. Tuners are Sperzel lockers. The pickups were hand-wound by Jeff at HighOrder pickups to Antiquity specs, NECK:  7.8K A-3, symmetrical wind, and BRIDGE:  8.3K A-2, asymmetrical wind. The rest of the hardware, I ordered from various places. The wiring and pots are from RS Guitarworks, and it includes Hovland tone caps (.015/.022), and RS/CTS 500K smooth taper super pots. The bridge is a locking TonePros TPFP/T1Z setup. The pick guard is machine-turned aluminum from Sharp Concepts, and I topped it off with chrome knobs with ebony caps from Q-Parts. The truss rod cover is custom-made ebony with my initials in red abalone. The body also has the natural lip over binding. This guitar plays like butter.

My amp is a GDS Amplification 18 watt TMB head. It is basically a clone of the Marshall 18 watt TMB circuit. Runs on a pair of EL-84's, a trio of NOS Mullard 12AX7's, and a tube rectifier. The cabinet is custom built to emulate a Marshall vintage tall straight bottom cab. It's loaded with a mixture of of Celestions from '69 thru about 71. 2 G12M25 Greenbacks and 2 G12H30's. I've had various Marshalls over the years that I dearly miss. Had to sell the most recent in some bad financial times....I miss that amp. IT was an original 1969 JMP 50 Plexi.
Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 Gauge
Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS SAO .45 ACP
Sig Sauer P938 9mm
Belgian Browning HiPower 9mm
Ruger GP100 Stainless .357 Magnum 4"
Smith & Wesson Model 36 .38 Special

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Electric Guitars

Post by ponycarman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:14 am

Very nice! I have an epiphone les paul. It deserves a better owner than me though lol. I don't really know how to play it and don't try as much as I should. I would love to really learn some day.

SignessSG
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by SignessSG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:21 am

Don't feel to bad. I have a hard time making the time to play my guitars. Being a working single dad really drains the time. I don't want to give up on it though. I have some pretty nice gear that's a lot of fun to crank up on occasion. That amp sounds at it's best when it's cranked all the way up and the Weber Mass attenuator is bypassed (that amp head has a built in attenuator).
Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 Gauge
Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS SAO .45 ACP
Sig Sauer P938 9mm
Belgian Browning HiPower 9mm
Ruger GP100 Stainless .357 Magnum 4"
Smith & Wesson Model 36 .38 Special

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 am

I hardly ever practice. I guess I get frustrated too easily. I believe I could learn if I have the patients and a little guidance. But I don't really have the cash or time to go have lessons. I have a few friends that can show me stuff uf they will haha.

stevessf
Shotgunner

Post by stevessf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 pm

These builds are awesome. I am a lifetime guitar player myself.