e clip fell out

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
maxPOWAAA

e clip fell out

Post by maxPOWAAA » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:03 pm

First post. I am not a newb. I have always been able to find answers searching for stuff, but I wasn't able to find anything about this.

I refinished and replace the factory wood furniture with a walnut set yesterday and gave the gun a good cleaning. I tested the operation with some snap caps and everything worked normal. When I stated cleaning up I found 1 eclip on my tekmat cleaning mat. I have cleaned and taken this gun apart following diagrams and advice from forums many times and have never seen or heard a eclip used on this gun. I just want to make sure its not something I over looked.

I did just buy a new vice to help secure the gun to get the buttstock off, maybe its from that?

This is what the clip looked lke

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Re: e clip fell out

Post by MStarmer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 am

I've looked through the 870 parts at Midway and can't find anything that remotely looks like that. My guess is that your new vise might be a bit magnetic and something was stuck to it. Never a good feeling when you think you have a "left over" part... :)

nbk13nw
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by nbk13nw » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:47 am

Lol. After thinking about it for a while I went ahead and did a complete breakdown / detail strip of my 870 and never saw a C-clip. Must be from something else

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 am

I don't recognize that part either. The only place I can imagine that being used on a shotgun (barring some sketchy accessory) is to hold a sling swivel in place; but even there, the mag caps and barrel clamps I have use different parts.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

e clip fell out

Post by JBall » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 am

Definitely not a stock 870 part.