Remington 870 Shotguns Test Quiz Questions - Final Batch!

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
hoppy70

Remington 870 Shotguns Test Quiz Questions - Final Batch!

Post by hoppy70 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on Remington 870 Shotguns. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future. There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some concerns related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have received conflicting answers. This is the last batch of questions that I am having a problem with. Thanks for your help.

Note #15. What holds the cartridge carrier down when the gun is locked up and at rest?
a) The carrier dog and its spring and plunger
b) The trigger springs forward leg
c) The action bar spring
d) The hammers pivot pin resting on the rear portion of the cartridge carrier

Note #16. If the gun is unlocked, why won't the gun fire? Choose the two best answers.
a) Because the locking block is pushed down, causing the firing pin to hit the lower inside portion of the bolt if struck
b) Because the trigger is locked by the carrier dog, it cannot be pulled rearward
c) Because the action bar lock is pushed down, the carrier's rise causes the trigger to be disconnected from the sear
d) Because the hammer is pushed down farther into the trigger guard, it breaks its engagement with the sear
e) a and b
f) band c
g) band d
h) a and c
i) c and d

Note #17. What does the manual safety (safety mechanism) block?
a) The hammer
b) The trigger
c) The sear
d) All of the above

Note #18. In order to take the forend, action bars, breech bolt, and slide assembly out of the receiver, you must
a) Pull the trigger and slide out the entire assembly
b) Take out the trigger guard and slide out the entire assembly
c) Take off the butt stock and slide out the entire assembly
d) Depress the cartridge stop or stops (shell latches) and slide out the entire assembly

Note #20. What activates the cartridge stops (shell latches)?
a) The slide assembly
b) The locking block assembly
c) The action bars
d) The carrier assembly

Again, thanks for your help!

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Remington 870 Shotguns Test Quiz Questions - Final Batch

Post by M1AG30 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:04 am

hoppy70 wrote:I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on Remington 870 Shotguns. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future. There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some concerns related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have received conflicting answers. This is the last batch of questions that I am having a problem with. Thanks for your help.

Note #17. What does the manual safety (safety mechanism) block?
a) The hammer
b) The trigger
c) The sear
d) All of the above

Note #18. In order to take the forend, action bars, breech bolt, and slide assembly out of the receiver, you must
a) Pull the trigger and slide out the entire assembly
b) Take out the trigger guard and slide out the entire assembly
c) Take off the butt stock and slide out the entire assembly
d) Depress the cartridge stop or stops (shell latches) and slide out the entire assembly Again, thanks for your help!
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!