Remington 870 Shotguns - Information on how they work?

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
hoppy70

Remington 870 Shotguns - Information on how they work?

Post by hoppy70 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Remington 870 Shotguns - I am Learning How They Work - During my study and research I have found the following statements that I am having some concerns with as to which are true or false. Can you list which statements are false? Thanks for your help.

1. Note #4. The action bar lock locks the action bars so that the gun can be pumped freely - True or false
2. Note #5. The action bar lock is also a disconnector - True or false
3. Note #19. When the gun is locked up, the locking block and the slide assembly rest flat on flat - True or false
4. Note #24. When driving out serrated pins the serrated end comes out first and goes back in last -True or false
5. Note #26. When installing the extractor back into the bolt, the spring and plunger go in first. Next the extractor itself can be used to push in the spring-loaded plunger and seat the extractor in place - True or false
6. Note #27. The firing pin must go in the bolt before the locking block - True or false
7. Note #28. The extractor hook must be slightly positive - True or false

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Remington 870 Shotguns - Information on how they work?

Post by M1AG30 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 am

hoppy70 wrote:Remington 870 Shotguns - I am Learning How They Work - During my study and research I have found the following statements that I am having some concerns with as to which are true or false. Can you list which statements are false? Thanks for your help.

1. Note #4. The action bar lock locks the action bars so that the gun can be pumped freely - True or false
3. Note #19. When the gun is locked up, the locking block and the slide assembly rest flat on flat - True or false
4. Note #24. When driving out serrated pins the serrated end comes out first and goes back in last -True or false
5. Note #26. When installing the extractor back into the bolt, the spring and plunger go in first. Next the extractor itself can be used to push in the spring-loaded plunger and seat the extractor in place - True or false
6. Note #27. The firing pin must go in the bolt before the locking block - True or false
who is the producer of the course you are taking?
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

hoppy70

Post by hoppy70 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 am

M1AG30 wrote:
hoppy70 wrote:Remington 870 Shotguns - I am Learning How They Work - During my study and research I have found the following statements that I am having some concerns with as to which are true or false. Can you list which statements are false? Thanks for your help.

who is the producer of the course you are taking?
Are you saying that Note#4 is the only false statement?

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Thu May 10, 2012 12:48 pm

hoppy70 wrote:

Are you going to tell what course this for, or just keep grilling members for 870 info? ;)

You may want to buy Vitaly's 870 guide it has some good info on disassembly and reassembly.
The tactical psychologist.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

AkiroHikage wrote:
hoppy70 wrote:

Are you going to tell what course this for, or just keep grilling members for 870 info? ;)

You may want to buy Vitaly's 870 guide it has some good info on disassembly and reassembly.

good point AkiroHikage.... and no Hopy.... i am saying note #4 is false and note#26 is true those are the ones i know...

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Interesting questions :) I am getting ready for shotgun training tomorrow, I will try to answer them when I have more time, sorry.

Are there any chance seeing other questions? Maybe such test (with my own questions) will be interesting for readers of the blog/forum? What do you think, guys?
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Fri May 11, 2012 12:26 am

It might be neat to include any type of quiz in your guide Vitaly. You could have a pre-test in the beginning and then retake it as a post-test at the end after reading through.
The tactical psychologist.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:35 pm

AkiroHikage wrote:It might be neat to include any type of quiz in your guide Vitaly. You could have a pre-test in the beginning and then retake it as a post-test at the end after reading through.
That does sound like a good idea!!!!!!