Cleaning up the 870

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
Potus2000

Cleaning up the 870

Post by Potus2000 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello,

Warning! First time poster. May be a dumb question. Please have mercy.

I have an 870 that I would like to have massaged by a talented gunsmith. Ive been looking at the Scattergun/Wilson Boarder Patrol package.The mainly talk about the accessories they add. I'm more interested in what polishing or other treatments they do to smooth out the rough finishes of the current batch of 870's. If somebody who has owned a Wilson or someone who owns another gunsmith they recomend, I would be very interested in what was done to perfect your 870.

Thank you in advance for your help.

gard
New Shotgunner

Re: Cleaning up the 870

Post by gard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Good day. The only thing I can contribute here is that Wilson is top notch in that they don't simply retrofit your gun with new parts. They do pay attention on the function of the gun and how the parts interact with one another. I'm sure you'll end up with a smoother, more reliable gun in the end. That being said, I'm sure there are other great gunsmiths that can do that for you too. We have Tactical Ordinance up here in Canada which I have first hand experience dealing with. The owner Casey is truly an artist and a great guy to chat with about what you want done with your gun. My 870 is slick as snail snot thanks to him.

Germansheperd
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Cleaning up the 870

Post by Germansheperd » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Potus2000 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm
Hello,

Warning! First time poster. May be a dumb question. Please have mercy.

I have an 870 that I would like to have massaged by a talented gunsmith. Ive been looking at the Scattergun/Wilson Boarder Patrol package.The mainly talk about the accessories they add. I'm more interested in what polishing or other treatments they do to smooth out the rough finishes of the current batch of 870's. If somebody who has owned a Wilson or someone who owns another gunsmith they recomend, I would be very interested in what was done to perfect your 870.

Thank you in advance for your help.
They don’t smooth out anything they just gussey up a $200 Express and tack on an additional 1000-1500 depending what model they hose you on.