Hello!

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself.
XTrooper
New Shotgunner

Hello!

Post by XTrooper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Hello all! I just registered a day or two ago. My reason for joining now is that I recently purchased a new Remington 870 Police shotgun SKU # 82760. It has an 18" barrel with an improved cylinder choke, black synthetic furniture, low-profile rifle sights, and a 6-shot magazine. I have a fair amount of experience with shotguns, on and off the job, as well as having been an avid waterfowler when I was younger, but the last few years I've been without any shotguns so when I decided I needed to get another, I found myself wanting to get back to my shotgun roots and bought my new Remington 870P.
A little background on myself: I am a former US Marine having served in the Corps from 1969 to 1971. After that, I had a few truck-driving jobs before I got a job with the Camden (NJ) Ambulance Squad as an EMT and, later, as a paramedic. While laid off from the squad (Camden was always broke), I took the test for the NJ Highway Patrol. I was one of the lucky few who were accepted into the academy and was appointed an Inspector in the HP and later promoted to the rank of Sergeant. In 1984, the NJHP was merged into the NJ State Police. I subsequently retired from the NJSP in 1991 as a Trooper I (Corporal). I then moved to what had been my vacation home located in Hardy County, WV where I owned and operated a gun shop for six years. In 1998 I moved to Pennsylvania and have been living here in the mountains of NEPA ever since. I have been an avid gun enthusiast ever since I handled my first real firearm which was the M14 issued to me as a recruit going through Marine boot camp at Parris Island, SC. Currently, I am still an active NRA-certified police firearms instructor and hope I can continue to be for at least a few more years. I'm happy to be aboard!
Steve
Retired NJ State Trooper (retired 4/1/1991)
NRA Police Firearms Instructor
Life Member: VFW, VVA, NRA Benefactor

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hello!

Post by Scorpion8 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 am

Welcome aboard (Navy lingo for a Jarhead...) Marine! Jump right in. Hello from South East Alaska.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

XTrooper
New Shotgunner

Re: Hello!

Post by XTrooper » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:27 am

Scorpion8 wrote:Welcome aboard (Navy lingo for a Jarhead...) Marine! Jump right in. Hello from South East Alaska.
Haha Thanks, Scorpion8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Steve
Retired NJ State Trooper (retired 4/1/1991)
NRA Police Firearms Instructor
Life Member: VFW, VVA, NRA Benefactor