Greetings from Martins Ferry, OH

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself.
dan43935
New Shotgunner

Greetings from Martins Ferry, OH

Post by dan43935 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:50 am

I'm 50 years old, but relatively new to these message boards/forums. While a Private in the US Army, stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA. back in 1985, I bought a copy of "American Survival Guide" magazine. My wife (and best freind for the last 27 yrs), got me a subscription for my birthday. Ever since, we have had cases of water, storage foods, medical supplies, self sufficiency items(everything you need when the electric goes out), and of course, the means to protect my family and supplies. I have been studying "Survivalism", ever since. Unfortunately, thanks to mass media, the term "Survivalist" has become a bad word, associated with fat racist jerks in camo, running around with AK's, talking about "Overthrowing the Government" (like they need help, they have everything messed up enough without any help)!!! Soooo, now we have become "Emergency Preppers"!!

A yardwork accident on a Sturday afternoon in 1998 put me in the bed for ten years years, I didn't even have insurance then, WE LOST EVERYTHING!! Surgery in 2008 saved my life, but I will never be 100% again. After getting off all narcotics and completing physical therapy, I bought my first gun in 11 years, a Remington 870 SP Magnum!! I also got my amateur Radio Lisence, KD8MTF, and became a Volunteer at the Co. EMA. I'm active in ARES, Skywarn, MRC, and helping to establish a Co. CERT. I volunteer to work all the local events, to the best of my physical abilitys.

Over the past few years, I've bought, sold, traded, quite a few firearms, but I still have the 870! I am extremely pleased with my shotgun. I've picked up a bunch of accessories here and there, including 4 different buttstocks and 3 forends. I have a Choate +2 mag extention, but I'm looking for a Fctory Remington matte +2 ext. I have a Remington Top-Folding stock, one of the ones stamped "Law Enforcement Only" on it!! also have an extra metal stock for it. A Speedfeed stock, +2 on either side, a fixed pistol grip stock, and the factory synthetic stock. I have the factory sythetic forend, one of those boxed in handgaurd forends (think Butler Creek made it), and an unknown police type forend. Also have GG&G single point sling attachment, a couple Sidesaddles, several different light mounts and rail attachmments and a wide assortment of ammunition!!

I'm a member of the Moundsville Rifle and Pistol Club, and thanks to the decent weather, I have had several opportunities to go to the range this (non)winter!! Admttedly... I am NOT the best shot. I am MUCH better with the 870 than I am with my Glock!! But I am working on it!! I am right handed, right eye dominant, and recently discovered that I have a developing Cataract in my right eye!! Not sure what to do about it, but I told the clubs best instructor and asked for his help/advise. I just tryed shooting the Glock left eye dominant with mixed results. Anyways, I'm working on it!!

Anyways, I'm Dan,
Email is dan43935@yahoo.com Feel free to email about anything! I appreciate peoples advice and opinions! I'm just old enough to know that allthough I know a little about everything, I am FAR from an expert in anything!! I strive to learn something new every day!
"There are few personal problems which cannot be resolved through a suitable application of High Explosives!!"

dan43935
New Shotgunner

Re: Greetings from Martins Ferry, OH

Post by dan43935 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:11 am

Lets try to add some pics.... same gun, different furniture, accessories!!
Attachments
870 02.jpg
870 02.jpg (234.53 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
870 01.jpg
870 01.jpg (239.24 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
"There are few personal problems which cannot be resolved through a suitable application of High Explosives!!"

dan43935
New Shotgunner

Post by dan43935 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 am

Same gun different furniture, accessories #2.....
Attachments
870 04.jpg
870 04.jpg (113 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
870 03.jpg
870 03.jpg (177.06 KiB) Viewed 8727 times

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Dan, nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum!

Nice shotguns! Interesting forend you have on the first photo, never seen forend like that before.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

dan43935
New Shotgunner

Post by dan43935 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks, Butler Creek made those forends for a while. I saw that one at a Gun Show for $10 and couldn't say no!!

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Welcome to the forum!
If you break into my house, be quiet, or ill wake up and unload on you.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 am

Welcome ....nice deal on that forend!
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

ranbo1213
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by ranbo1213 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:08 am

just picked one up at a yard sale for 265..lov it. and the Wingmaster action is so smooth. it does have some blems from stock fold, but no worries on my end. has the wood forend and LE Stock they were Tacticool before their time. thx for the post
Attachments
024.JPG
024.JPG (801.63 KiB) Viewed 7775 times
026.JPG
026.JPG (713.52 KiB) Viewed 7775 times