OFF topic

Do you have any questions or suggestions?
RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

OFF topic

Post by RandyWag » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:18 am

I think there should be an off topic thread
If you break into my house, be quiet, or ill wake up and unload on you.

vmax
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: OFF topic

Post by vmax » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:52 am

Why ?
Don't buy it if you can't sell it.

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:46 pm

why not?

where would i post if i wanted to say this is a great forum and i enjoy reading what people post?

vmax
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by vmax » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:35 am

Well you could just keep replying to everyones posts and say " SWEET" like you are doing now without the off topic section. In some other forums you can talk about anything is this what you were looking for here. Just a question ? One of the best parts about this fourm is that it is all Remington shotgun and people that love them. But if you want the OFF TOPIC cool!!!
Don't buy it if you can't sell it.

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 am

whats wrong with agreeing with people? nothing wrong with asking for an off topic is there? i could be 100% hardcore and only talk 870's here, then go to other forums to their 'off topic' sections and post. but..... since this forum is fairly new and has no off topic, i could request it.

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Post by RichNZ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 am

Could be nice to see what other projects people are working on, so long as doesn't divert the forum from being focused on the 870.

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 am

RichNZ wrote:Could be nice to see what other projects people are working on, so long as doesn't divert the forum from being focused on the 870.

Im down for that. Im not asking for a place I can talk about monster trucks or anything.

jpfrog
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by jpfrog » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 am

I seldom take part in the "Off Topic" sections of other forums I'm subscribed to, however I do check the section whenever I notice there's a new post. The reason is simple- you never know what's being posted, and someone may have a question that they cannot sufficiently or confidently answer through Google or any other forum they are a member of....and I may just have the answer. Or, someone may know of an opportunity, not forum theme specific, that I would otherwise never get to find out about but would actually be very interested in.

Example- Say I am a member of this and other forums (I am!)...I recently purchased some exotic (to the United States) game meat and have no idea how to cook it. I've searched online, and cannot seem to get any sufficient description of flavor from the recipes I've found, and nobody I talk to on other forums seems to know anything about it. The meat- Red Stag. I'm willing to bet there's at least 1 person on this forum who could probably help me understand a recipe or two.

Another example- Say someone is planning a trip but doesn't know where to go or what to watch out for, or what rules/regulations may be enforced that aren't anticipated. Or say they need a restaurant/hotel recommendation. Maybe you've been there- you can post your thoughts and suggestions and make them more informed.

Also- say I had a pair of pit passes and race day tickets to a NASCAR race at Charlotte or a MONSTER TRUCK rally (sorry RandyWag- I had to throw that in! :lol: ), but something came up and I wasn't going to be able to make the trip. I could post in the "Off Topic" section that I was planning a trip, can't make it, and have the pit passes and race day tickets available. I bet some people on here would be interested....I would post this in the For Sale area, but the description in that section of the forum specifically says it's for items related to the Rem 870. An "Off Topic" area would be the place for that.

Sorry for the long post- just throwing some examples of why I like "Off Topic" areas...again, I seldom post in them, but you never know when it will become a place for you to contribute or to seek help in something not specific to the forum's theme.

-JPFROG

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:04 am

Here you go: viewforum.php?f=37

Enjoy! :)
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

jpfrog wrote: Also- say I had a pair of pit passes and race day tickets to a NASCAR race at Charlotte or a MONSTER TRUCK rally (sorry RandyWag- I had to throw that in! :lol: ), but something came up and I wasn't going to be able to make the trip. I could post in the "Off Topic" section that I was planning a trip, can't make it, and have the pit passes and race day tickets available. I bet some people on here would be interested....I would post this in the For Sale area, but the description in that section of the forum specifically says it's for items related to the Rem 870. An "Off Topic" area would be the place for that.

-JPFROG

haha i cant be mad at you bro :D