Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays Category

Do you have any questions or suggestions?
mayran
New Shotgunner

Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays Category

Post by mayran » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I am new to the site and a new 870 owner. I purchased my 870 to use primarily as a skeet shotgun. I like what I have seen on this forum so far, but would like to see a section for skeet/trap/sporting clays shooters separate from the "competition" section as the requirements for this type of shooting is a bit different. I am new to skeet shooting as well, so I would not have a lot to contribute, but would like to see what others have done to their 870 to tailor it to shooting clay pigeons.

Just a suggestion. I am sure that I can't be the only one interested in this type of shooting sport.

Great site and forum. Keep up the good work.

mayran

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays Category

Post by Vitaly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 am

mayran wrote:I am new to the site and a new 870 owner. I purchased my 870 to use primarily as a skeet shotgun. I like what I have seen on this forum so far, but would like to see a section for skeet/trap/sporting clays shooters separate from the "competition" section as the requirements for this type of shooting is a bit different. I am new to skeet shooting as well, so I would not have a lot to contribute, but would like to see what others have done to their 870 to tailor it to shooting clay pigeons.

Just a suggestion. I am sure that I can't be the only one interested in this type of shooting sport.

Great site and forum. Keep up the good work.

mayran
Mayran, welcome to the forum! No problem at all, here it is:
viewforum.php?f=36

I am sure that it will be interesting for many Remington 870 owners.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

mayran
New Shotgunner

Post by mayran » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm

WOW!!! Ask and you shall receive. How's that for service!

Thanks Vitaly!

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Man o man, I have been shooting trap since I was at least 7 years of age. My very first shotgun that I bought myself was a remington 870. I'm 42 now and can still slay clay to the tune of 100 straight with that shotgun. I missed the 1984 olympic team by not very much! Hell yeah the 870, a 200.00 gun can not only kick but on the sporting fields, but also take it to fight and not have to worry about the damn thing missbehaving in the heat of battle. It is the AK-47 of shotguns!!!!!!!

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am

mayran wrote:WOW!!! Ask and you shall receive. How's that for service!

Thanks Vitaly!
You are more than welcome! :)

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 am

gypsydan41 wrote:Man o man, I have been shooting trap since I was at least 7 years of age. My very first shotgun that I bought myself was a remington 870. I'm 42 now and can still slay clay to the tune of 100 straight with that shotgun. I missed the 1984 olympic team by not very much! Hell yeah the 870, a 200.00 gun can not only kick but on the sporting fields, but also take it to fight and not have to worry about the damn thing missbehaving in the heat of battle. It is the AK-47 of shotguns!!!!!!!
gypsydan41, wow, it would be really interesting to hear about your experience in trap!

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 pm

All I can say about my shooting skills is that it just takes practice. I have just been shooting in general all my life. I grew up hunting, fishing etc.. My uncle is a 27 yard handicap shooter, got most of my training and eye hand skills from him. My dad used to hold a rem 870 in his hand and I would fire like a anti aircraft gun. Lot's of fun for a kid that couldn't even hold up the weapon. Drills I do at home with dummy loads, but I stand and load,mount and fire maybe at least 200+ times every night. So you see, it's just practice,practice,practice. No different than not knowing how to walk at one point and time. Our hobby just requires the dicipline and responsability of firearm ownership and skills. Plus you never know when those damn Zombies might come? Ha Ha