New member first 870

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
awdxtc

New member first 870

Post by awdxtc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:46 pm

ello, I just ordered my first 870. It is a police trade in. I paid $450 for it shipped. It has been refinished in cerakote and had new furniture ( synth forend and speedfeed stock) I ordered a magpul foreend, small rail, ati extension tube and a surefire X300 Ultra for it yesterday. I am very excited. My current shotgun is a Benelli M4.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: New member first 870

Post by Vitaly » Sat May 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Welcome to the forum! Got pics? :)
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Sun May 26, 2013 6:20 am

That all sounds good, got any pics yet ;) I hate to say this, but if you're getting an alunimum ATI mag extension, send it back. Ihave heard many, many stories of that particular mag ext failing/ breaking, and even working themselves loose and falling off. You have so many choices for that part, i'd leave the ati alone. I would'nt want anything that important, to be made of aluminum and an ATI on top of that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those mag extensions get a avg 2.0 out of 5 rating, along with bad reviews. I don't mean to be insulting, just trying to help. If you want quality and spend about the same, just go with a Choate from Brownells. Good luck!
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Zebra62
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Zebra62 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:23 am

I agree with automag on his recommendation of the Choate extension. We have a +5 for My wife's 20 gauge and after a small bump with the clamp being the wrong size (they sent me a 12 gauge clamp with a 20 gauge extension - then replaced it free of charge) we have a much more capable shotgun. I purchased it from MidwayUSA and we love it.
The REAL definition of GUN CONTROL - The ability to keep your sights on your target.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

JBall
Super Shotgunner

New member first 870

Post by JBall » Mon May 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Unfortunately i have to agree w/Automag and Zebra. I had a Choate on my first 870 and liked it. I currently have a Remington on my Marine Magnum and LOVE iT! Just my 2 cents. Good luck.