Recommend me a 870 Model

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Hunters21w
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: Recommend me a 870 Model

Post by Hunters21w » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Yea I saw that, I don't think I want to mount on the receiver. I think the forward mount and the stock mount will work out best, and use a 2 point qd sling. I believe the ms3 can be a 1 or 2 point which sounds ideal.

To do this I think I need the sling mount kit type 1, and the forward sling mount. Correct?

Hunters21w
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by Hunters21w » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 pm

So I finally got around to ordering some parts and installing them. Went with the Magpul forend and SGA Stock. They both went on quick and easy. The stock feels awesome! Much better grip, grip texture, softer recoil pad, and shortened the length of pull.

Also added the sling mount on the end of the receiver, looking to order the forward sling mount soon. Overall very happy!

Shot 20rds today and my shoulder feels great. I used Federal 2 3/4" 1oz Slugs. For some reason I couldn't get a good cheek weld, I felt like I had to really lower my head. I think this contributed to me shooting a bit high. Think I should look into picking up a cheek riser or just get more practice with how it is?

My target @ 25yds

Let me know what you guys think!

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Recommend me a 870 Model

Post by JBall » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 pm

You shouldn't need a cheek riser using the SGA if your using a regular bead barrel. But I guess everyone is different. Magpul sells cheek riser kits for the SGA...http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/ ... 45510.aspx

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Like jball said, you should'nt need one for your setup and bead sight. You might want to re-evaluate how you're shouldering and aiming your gun. However a lot of people just shoot with a different "style", and maybe a cheekriser would'nt hurt (they don't cost much anyway).
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Hunters21w
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by Hunters21w » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Yea like I said, I think my shouldering position changed when I went from standing to sitting. While sitting it is harder to get proper sight alignment. Next time I will stand and see how it feels.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Hunters21w wrote:Yea I saw that, I don't think I want to mount on the receiver. I think the forward mount and the stock mount will work out best, and use a 2 point qd sling. I believe the ms3 can be a 1 or 2 point which sounds ideal.

To do this I think I need the sling mount kit type 1, and the forward sling mount. Correct?
Yes that's correct. I got the sling point type 1 for my SGA stock, it works well. Using the type 1 and the Magpul forward sling point is a great setup, not to mention keping you 870 "all Magpul", and a true Magpul Whore-LOL. JK!

Also, yeah try modifying your aiming technique a little, you should be able to just use the SGA as it came. I have no prroblems at all with mine as it comes in the box. Hopefully it'll work out for ya.

Happy shooting!
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.