check out my left handed build!

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
x-caliber
Shotgunner

check out my left handed build!

Post by x-caliber » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 am

well, it is almost done, with my LEFT handed build, added a picatenny rail, chopped the barrel down to about 18.75 inches, added a kicklight stock, tac star mag extension, Magpul forearm, front sight ramp, (drilled, tapped and screwed the ramp to the original rail) with a blade front sight.
rear sight is a barska weaver to doventail adapter with a short "V" sight mounted to that. no sure how close the sights will be, but I can either cut some off the top of the front sight to shorten it, or order the same style rear sight only taller.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: check out my left handed build!

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 am

Looks great, especially that front sight install. Well done.

Are you going to clamp that magazine extension so an accidental whack on a doorframe is less likely to disable the entire magazine?

x-caliber
Shotgunner

Post by x-caliber » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm

yeah, still doing some research on which one works/fits best any input or recommendations?

I also have a few more small things to do, sling install etc.

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Very nice! Really like your sights. I prefer to have rifle sights on my shotguns too.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 am

x-caliber wrote:yeah, still doing some research on which one works/fits best any input or recommendations?

I also have a few more small things to do, sling install etc.
Well, when I don't have my bayonet mount on the gun, I'll use my Remington clamp, but neither of those would be a good choice for your extension. Tacstar extensions won't accept a bayonet, and the Remington clamp locks into a notch in Remington extension tubes to keep from walking around, so it can't be installed on aftermarket extensions.

If you're looking to put a light on your gun (and don't want to install it on your fore-end), there are some nice flashlight mounts that clamp to both the barrel and the magazine tube, so that could let you kill two birds with one stone. There are also clamps with sling attachments, if you didn't have something else in mind for that, either.

Some products even do all three:
Elzetta

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

I use CDM Gear clamp, it is lightweight, low profile and made of aluminum:

Highly recommended: CDM Gear Clamp

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 am

Vitaly wrote:I use CDM Gear clamp, it is lightweight, low profile and made of aluminum:
Highly recommended:
I've actually been looking at that clamp, but I couldn't figure out if it would be able to accept my GG&G QD sling swivels. Do you know what size swivels it accepts?

rythomas0704
Valued Shotgunner

Post by rythomas0704 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Vitaly wrote:I use CDM Gear clamp, it is lightweight, low profile and made of aluminum:

I am actually looking into getting that clamp but not sure what light I am going to use with it. Was wondering if you could recommend one for me? I don't want one that is too big however... also I believe that CDM makes one that has a rail instead of the ring which could be a better choice for me as I prefer the small rail mounted lights.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

rythomas0704 wrote:

I am actually looking into getting that clamp but not sure what light I am going to use with it. Was wondering if you could recommend one for me? I don't want one that is too big however... also I believe that CDM makes one that has a rail instead of the ring which could be a better choice for me as I prefer the small rail mounted lights.
You can use one of these: Tactical Flashlights

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Synchronizor wrote:
Highly recommended:
I've actually been looking at that clamp, but I couldn't figure out if it would be able to accept my GG&G QD sling swivels. Do you know what size swivels it accepts?
Not sure, but I think it accepts common sling swivels, I will ask Scott about that.