870 tactical build- Ghost ring sights help! South florida

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
j04blacksss2

870 tactical build- Ghost ring sights help! South florida

Post by j04blacksss2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:21 am

Hi there, I've been looking around the forum, but cant seem to find anything. I have an 870 with the front bead sight on the barrel. I wanted to change them out for a set of ghost rings. I cant seem to find out how they install. I went by a local gun shop and they told me that to put ghost ring sights i will need to take it to a Remington certified Gunsmith. Is there any other options i can do for this? Does any one know of a Remington certified gun smith in south Florida?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: 870 tactical build- Ghost ring sights help! South florid

Post by Vitaly » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 am

Hi!

I think this post will help you, SCATTERGUN TECHNOLOGIES™ TRAK-LOCK® Ghost Ring Sight System installation on Remington 870:
http://www.rem870.com/2011/05/19/scatte ... ht-system/
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

ecv
New Shotgunner

Post by ecv » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 am

j04blacksss2 wrote:Hi there, I've been looking around the forum, but cant seem to find anything. I have an 870 with the front bead sight on the barrel. I wanted to change them out for a set of ghost rings. I cant seem to find out how they install. I went by a local gun shop and they told me that to put ghost ring sights i will need to take it to a Remington certified Gunsmith. Is there any other options i can do for this? Does any one know of a Remington certified gun smith in south Florida?
This worked great for me DIY, took less than 10 minutes to install. About $25 plus shipping from Brownells. My 870 is pre 2003, post 2003 model is also available.

http://tinyurl.com/apktuv2

Ghost ring (rear sight) is mounted using existing rear sight screw, front you just use a punch and drift the sight out from left to right. Start with light taps until it breaks loose.

Install by tapping from right to left until base is flush.

tasum
Shotgunner

Post by tasum » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 am

Very helpful and useful links. Thanks, love this forum :D

RomeoPapa
Shotgunner

Post by RomeoPapa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 am

I had my Scattergun Tech sights installed by Theo at Theo's Shotgun Corner in Charlotte Court House, Virginia. He turned the gun around in 2 weeks, which was quicker than any local gunsmiths quoted me. I believe the labor cost was $65, and I furnished the sights. If you've got a decent shop, it's probably DIY, but Theo did an outstanding job, much better than I could have, so it was worth it to me. Price also included staking the front with a roll pin.

ecv
New Shotgunner

Post by ecv » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Williams sights, no gun smith needed and less than $35. I put a set on in less than 10 minutes, really nice and easy. Here is a link: http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/si ... &aid=51123
962-000-083WB
Sight Set for Rem 2003 & earlier, Ghost Ring
Mfr Part: 70916

Ace of Spades
Shotgunner

Post by Ace of Spades » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:29 pm

j04blacksss2 wrote:Hi there, I've been looking around the forum, but cant seem to find anything. I have an 870 with the front bead sight on the barrel. I wanted to change them out for a set of ghost rings. I cant seem to find out how they install. I went by a local gun shop and they told me that to put ghost ring sights i will need to take it to a Remington certified Gunsmith. Is there any other options i can do for this? Does any one know of a Remington certified gun smith in south Florida?
If you want to go the whole way get your receiver drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail and then you can mount any ghost ring or red dot sight you like. However the simplest diy option maybe to go for a Meprolight tritium bead front sight and a Burris Speed Bead which you can mount between the stock and the receiver in a few minutes. Believe me a red dot is far superior to a ghost ring.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Albert Einstein