870 Tactical ghost ring protector wings

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Tarheel01

870 Tactical ghost ring protector wings

Post by Tarheel01 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi to all. I am new here and really like what I see so far. I have a Remmy 870 Express Tactical with the 1913 rail and factory ghost ring sights, but I really wish that the rear g/r had protective wings like LPA and others. I have contacted Remington and MidwayUSA with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find something that will work? Thank you in advance for any help in advance.

Strapy
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: 870 Tactical ghost ring protector wings

Post by Strapy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 am

Here is what I put on my wifes 870. http://tinyurl.com/a4yawkg
They are a soild ghost sight. Had a guy at Iron Ridge Guns in Longmont, Colorado, do the gun smithing for me. I don't think he did any acutal sighting with it. But they are balls on. Could not get the front sight that goes with the rear. Went with a scattergun tech front sight. I will get some photos of it once we get her surefire light mounted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9llKDE7Sx4

Forge

Re: 870 Tactical ghost ring protector wings

Post by Forge » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 am

Tarheel01 wrote:Hi to all. I am new here and really like what I see so far. I have a Remmy 870 Express Tactical with the 1913 rail and factory ghost ring sights, but I really wish that the rear g/r had protective wings like LPA and others. I have contacted Remington and MidwayUSA with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find something that will work? Thank you in advance for any help in advance.
If you should find something along these lines, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I've looked as well with no luck.