Remington 870 Tactical HD build

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Re: Remington 870 Tactical HD build

Post by Reaper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 am

I polished the chambers of my 2 870's and my Mossberg 500 with a stainless mini wheel brush on my Dremel tool. All my shotguns will eat that crappy low-end steel rimmed ammo like candy now.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm

I've got one of these on order if the idiots will ever ship it.

I'm going to be running an s&j orange type 3 follower in mine with a marine magnum nickle extension tube spring. I'm gonna go with the Wilson combat jumbo safety as its the one u like the most. I'll be losing the breacher choke of course and installing one of the improved cylinder rem chokes.

I'm either going to go with a vang comp dsac side saddle plate and use Esstac 7 round cards or I'm going to use a tacstar aluminum plate and attach the cards to it.

I was hoping this front white dot would have a little indentation in it so I can put some bright orange paint in the front sight which makes it extremely easy to pick up.

I'm thinking of doing the vang comp barrel treatment.

Mine will have one of the beveled machined Extractors from the marine magnum model because it's 4 dollars cheaper, beveled, and nickle plated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 am

I hope yours is running okay. In 75 rounds thus far mine has stove piped 5 times. It became less frequent the more rounds I put through it but I still don't trust it yet. I am going to shoot it some more today and see what happens.

The first thing I did was lose the door breacher bs and put in an internal improved cylinder rem choke.

jbur88
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jbur88 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 am

I actually just shot it the other day. i've probably put between 300-400 rounds through it and the only time i had a jam was when i didnt rack it hard enough and i also had an issue one time due to the crappy ammo i was using. the brass was to short. it's been very reliable otherwise. I have the upgraded extractor which i think helps. I actually wound up going with the vang comp big dome safety and i love it. it's an awesome upgrade.
Rem 870 Tactical w/ Magpul stock, Forend, MS3 Sling and sling mount/Wilson Combat follower and spring/Vancomp big dome safety/Volquartsen Exact edge extractor/Heavy carrier spring/Elzetta Mount/ Streamlight polytac/Mesa Tactical poly Side saddle.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:33 pm

I fired 50 more rounds of federal 7 1/2 target loads yesterday and didn't have any malfunctions. Maybe it's getting broken in.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 pm

I got the police trigger group installed and the Wilson combat jumbo safety installed in it.

I also installed an upgraded black carrier dog spring in the stock polymer trigger group. Having the silver bullet tool makes this a breeze.

jbur88
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jbur88 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 pm

nice. i decided to stick with the stock trigger group but i did upgrade to the stiffer carrier spring and bigger safety.
Rem 870 Tactical w/ Magpul stock, Forend, MS3 Sling and sling mount/Wilson Combat follower and spring/Vancomp big dome safety/Volquartsen Exact edge extractor/Heavy carrier spring/Elzetta Mount/ Streamlight polytac/Mesa Tactical poly Side saddle.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 pm

I fired 50 more rounds of the target loads from federal with no malfunctions. I duds have malfunctions with buckshot again. This time I tried fiocchi.

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Post by alpha15 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:41 am

Yesterday,

I fired 30 rounds of fiocchi 00 low recoil buck and 10 rounds of sellier and bellot 00 buck full powered loads. I had no malfunctions. Although ejection was pretty weak and it was just barely kicking them out of the gun. Prior to firing these I sprayed some lps 2 heavy duty lubricant into the action and worked the action several times. I'm not sure if this allowed it to function properly or not.