HD barrel for WM SuperMag 12ga

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Photogg4eva
Shotgunner

HD barrel for WM SuperMag 12ga

Post by Photogg4eva » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

I am having difficulty in finding a HD barrel for my 870 WM SuperMag. Remington doesn't make a HD length for the WM SM. I know that I will have to drop down to a 3" chambered barrel and that's fine. I'd like some advise from the group on here, as to where the best place would be to get an 18.5 or 20" Remington WM Mag barrel 12ga. I would like to get the barrel in fixed ImpCyl or RemChoke. I doubt very much I could get anything other than matte or some camo theme and that's just fine for me, for HD. I'm not in a big hurry, so I'm willing to field some answers from y'all.

Photogg4eva
Stay safe out there
— Photogg4eva

kcpanages
Shotgunner

Re: HD barrel for WM SuperMag 12ga

Post by kcpanages » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:46 pm

As I posted before, they don't make a 18.5" or 20" blued barrel for a WM...... Only in matte finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcpanages
Shotgunner

Post by kcpanages » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:51 pm

The 870 SM wingmaster was a limited make..... As for 18.5" barrels that only come in cylinder bore (no down sizing in end of barrel).... If you want the barrel to match the reciever, you will either need to paint receiver and barrel or get a wingmaster SM barrel and cut it down...... Wingmaster wasn't made for a personal defense gun........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photogg4eva
Shotgunner

Post by Photogg4eva » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up and advice. I haven't checked yet but I wonder if it's possible to get a 20 inch smooth bore deer barrel.
Stay safe out there
— Photogg4eva