sights

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
oldarmy

sights

Post by oldarmy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:39 pm

I bought a 870 20ga Express a few years ago. I quickly found out the accessories for a 20ga were few and hard to find. I'm trying to find ghost ring tritium sights but no luck. Now I'll settle for any tritium sights. I can find fiber optic but I'm not interested. In half light I can still sight down the barrel.

Does any one know of any ghost ring sights that fit a 20ga?

What about red dot sights for a defensive shot gun? I can find a few receiver mounts for a 20 so a red dot sight may be possible.

I'm old, trained in the old ways and I don't like gun mounted lights. With a pistol was trained to hold pistol high on left side then move into the Harries technique once target was acquired or shots fired. It was drilled into my head that baddies shoot directly to the light so no light mounted to my shotgun or pistol.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: sights

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:16 am

What sights does your gun have now?

BISCUT

Post by BISCUT » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 am

I am also looking for a set of ghost sights for a Rem 870 20GA.

NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by NnF000 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:04 am

I am in the process of buying a set of SpitFire Sights, front and rear.
Their Rear Tactical-EX Sights with Rail should work on a 20-ga and the Front Tactical Stub-EX Sights are Clamp on.
They too are in the process of prototyping the sights on 20-ha REM870's, approximately two or three weeks out, and I should have a prototype set in my hand by then to try out.

I like the look of the Sights and according to drawings the Rear Sights and the Front Sights will line up but we will see !
SpitFire is a small company, few items but they look good and we will see in a couple of weeks just how good.

Also, do a web search on ghost ring sights, I found a few manufacturers that way !
20-ga REM870, light weight Home Defense !