Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
bmoe

Re: Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Post by bmoe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Synchronizor wrote:I'm pretty sure those sights will work in either orientation.

Also, if you're going to respond to a post from 9 pages ago, you should consider linking to it.
You have to be joking right? I am not trying to be a jerk, I am just trying to help the guy out. The frigging irons are backwards. This is what happens when people pour maple syrup on their rifles/long guns and drag them through a cheaper than dirt catalog before knowing what they are doing.

Zebra62
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Zebra62 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:00 am

The frigging irons are backwards.
I'm not sure I follow your meaning, bmoe. Do you mean the direction the mounts are facing when mounted or are they on the wrong ends of the weapon (front sight to the back of the rail, back sight to the front of the rail)? Magpuls websight shows these sights mounted on a rifle and folding down in the opposite direction as what JBall has his. I have no experience with this type of sight at all, but it seems to me that if the ghost ring is at the back and the pin is in the front it shouldn't matter which way they fold.

I think JBall would be the better judge of how his sights work on his rig and seeing as how he posted way back in May, he may have even fired the weapon a time or two. Perhaps we should ask him.

If it works for him, I'm satisfied.
The REAL definition of GUN CONTROL - The ability to keep your sights on your target.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Zebra62 wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your meaning, bmoe. Do you mean the direction the mounts are facing when mounted or are they on the wrong ends of the weapon (front sight to the back of the rail, back sight to the front of the rail)? Magpuls websight shows these sights mounted on a rifle and folding down in the opposite direction as what JBall has his. I have no experience with this type of sight at all, but it seems to me that if the ghost ring is at the back and the pin is in the front it shouldn't matter which way they fold.

I think JBall would be the better judge of how his sights work on his rig and seeing as how he posted way back in May, he may have even fired the weapon a time or two. Perhaps we should ask him.

As mentioned, they are simply supposed to go the other way, as per the manufacturer.

One reason is that the rear sight has 2 apertures, and it would be much more difficult with it on there backwards to fold down the smaller aperture so the larget battle sight is revealed.

Will it work that way? sure. Are they actually backwards? Yes. Does it really matter all that much? Probably not.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Zebra62 wrote:

What Zebra said ;) I do think the rear should fold "forward"-and the front should fold "backwards", that's how i've seen them used.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

hondaj21857
New Shotgunner

Post by hondaj21857 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:29 am

Picked this 870 up about 6 weeks ago.

So far I have added
GGG SS follower, rear sling attachment, front sling and light combo, remington oversized safety, Nordic components spring, and Mesa tactical 6 shot holder.
Gonna order a hogue short stock and some other parts, get it dura coated and be done with it for now.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 am

Looks Great! Some sweet upgrades there.

hondaj21857
New Shotgunner

Post by hondaj21857 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:10 pm

yea the only part that I am uncertain about is the GG&G front light/sling mount combo. I didn't realize how much of a reach it would be to turn on the light. I think I will order on other front sling atattchment from them and re mount the light closer to the for end.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:49 pm

There's two good alternatives that i'd recommend; Either a CMD w/Picrail mount, or Elzetta offers one like that too. I think you'd like the CMD mount for sure.

hondaj21857
New Shotgunner

Post by hondaj21857 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to order the cmd with the rail.

tekrsq
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by tekrsq » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Here's mine.

870 Tactical
Ghost Ring sights
Promag furniture
Blackhawk sling
Sun Optics light/laser
Attachments
remington870_sidesaddle.jpg
remington870_sidesaddle.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 7877 times