Photos of Extension for 870 magpul?

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
ISeeInHD

Photos of Extension for 870 magpul?

Post by ISeeInHD » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Heya folks. First post here.

Looking for a mag extension for my 870 Magpul edition. I'd like it to end up being flush with the length of the barrel, including the muzzle breach.

Any suggestions?

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Photos of Extension for 870 magpul?

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

I've seen various +1 extensions used on the long-mag 870s like the Magpul Edition. The Wilson Combat +1 is pretty popular; it's a sturdy single-piece design that comes with a wave washer to help keep it from backing off under recoil. You can find pictures here if you search for them.

ISeeInHD

Post by ISeeInHD » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:08 am

Synchronizor wrote:I've seen various +1 extensions used on the long-mag 870s like the Magpul Edition. The Wilson Combat +1 is pretty popular; it's a sturdy single-piece design that comes with a wave washer to help keep it from backing off under recoil. You can find pictures here if you search for them.
Thanks for the reply. It looks like WC overs several +1's on their website. Not sure which one to get. My current mag holds 6 and is about 6.75" long. I'm looking to try and get one that is about 8.5-8.75" long to match the length of the barrel with muzzle breach. I guess that doesn't equal another full she'll and thus I. I that have to go out to 9.5" to get another 2.75" load. So that would be .75"-1" longer than the muzzle breach.... Hmmm. May have to give this a second thought.
I wish the WC website would give actual dimensions of the extensions.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:04 am

Not sure what you mean by your measurements. There's no way a 6-shot tube is only 6.75" long. I'm assuming your 870 is one of the Express Tactical Magpul Editions set up from the factory with the Magpul furniture, and not something you've assembled yourself based on another order number, but clarification (or simply a picture) would help. This is important because the Magpul Edition guns are built on the special tactical receivers with solid 6-round magazine tubes, not the standard 4-round tubes.

In any case, the various WC +1s are all the same extension, just with different sling attachment hardware, so get whichever one fits your needs or preferences. Unless they've changed the design since mine was made, all WC +1s should be about 2.34" (~2 11/32") in length (the QD stud version has a sling stud sticking out the end, so you might consider it a little longer depending on your definitions, but the extension itself should be the same length). Since the WC extensions are single-piece designs, this length will be added from the front face of your barrel guide ring. If your gun is an actual Magpul Edition model, a WC +1 will extend .34" past the muzzle. With a factory breacher choke in, the end of the extension won't quite reach any of the ports, but you may still end up with some powder residue build-up on the extension's nose.

If you go with a WC +1, you should probably also purchase a longer spring. The one that comes with the +1 extension is intended for use with a standard 4-round base magazine tube. In the combined space of a Tactical 6-round mag tube and the +1 extension, this spring will be too short for reliable function.

jdinny
Shotgunner

Post by jdinny » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:20 am

I used a Wilson Combat +1 on mine, with the WC spring, and an S&J Hardware follower.

870 Express Magpul | Mesa LEO | Scattergun Tech +1 | Scattergun Tech safety| Mesa sidesaddle | Inforce MIL | Bushnell TRS-25 | Magpul MS4 sling
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

jdinny
Shotgunner

Post by jdinny » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 am

I used a Wilson Combat +1 on mine, with the WC spring, and an S&J Hardware follower.
Attachments
DSC_5598.jpg
DSC_5598.jpg (460.48 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
870 Express Magpul | Mesa LEO | Scattergun Tech +1 | Scattergun Tech safety| Mesa sidesaddle | Inforce MIL | Bushnell TRS-25 | Magpul MS4 sling
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!