Phoenix Kicklite Review

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Phoenix Kicklite Review

Post by UltimateGuns » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Hello all,

I just finished 3 Ultimate 870HDs for customers. One customer requested a Phoenix Kicklite stock. It's the top gun in the photos.

Phoenix Technologies claims a 40% to 50% reduction in felt recoil. I don't have high-tech dynos to measure, but I have to say, THE STOCK WORKS! It definitely shoots a lot softer than my personal 870. I greatly prefer this over the Knoxx unit. Just like Nutnfancy, the Knoxx bit my cheek when I shot it. I'd rather take a little recoil on my shoulder versus getting a blood blister on my moneymaker! :D

Installation is a breeze. It literally took 5 minutes. I will point out that the stock also comes packaged with a forend, an installation tool, and a side saddle shell holder. Folks, don't even bother. The additional accessories are simply "package filler". It's all junk, and should be thrown away. My wife even made fun of the pliable shell holder. The forend seems solid enough, but it's molded out of slick plastic. And the installation tool is SQUARE! Totally useless.

Overall, I give the Kicklite itself 4 out of 5 stars for initial quality, and noticeable recoil reduction. But like I said, the other stuff is worthless junk.

NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: Phoenix Kicklite Review

Post by NnF000 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:01 pm

UltimateGuns,

A question if I could, Is there a Phoenix Kick-Lite Stock that will mount to a Remington 870 20-ga, recently purchased, that puts the stock in a parallel position to the main body of the gun ? (not with the noticeable downward slant) !

Similar to a Leo Adapter from Mesa but for 20-ga setup.

Thks for your time.

ltr
20-ga REM870, light weight Home Defense !

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:20 pm

NnF000 wrote:UltimateGuns,

A question if I could, Is there a Phoenix Kick-Lite Stock that will mount to a Remington 870 20-ga, recently purchased, that puts the stock in a parallel position to the main body of the gun ? (not with the noticeable downward slant) !

Thks for your time.

ltr
Unfortunately, no. They make a 20 gauge version, but it's angled the same as this 12.

NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by NnF000 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks for the info UltimateGuns, trying to build a light weight 20-ga is a PITA for sure but I want one so I will still keep looking !
UltimateGuns wrote:
NnF000 wrote:UltimateGuns,

Thks for your time.

ltr
Unfortunately, no. They make a 20 gauge version, but it's angled the same as this 12.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:53 am

You know, there's a reason shotgun stocks have some drop to them. It's there to align the shooter's eye with the low-set rib or sights on the barrel. If you have a straight-line stock, you're going to need raised sights or an optic to be able to aim the thing.

NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by NnF000 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Synchronizor wrote:You know, there's a reason shotgun stocks have some drop to them. It's there to align the shooter's eye with the low-set rib or sights on the barrel. If you have a straight-line stock, you're going to need raised sights or an optic to be able to aim the thing.

Synchronizor,
Yes, thank you !
The look I want is a straight back, parallel with the center line of the barrel.
I understand that all of the physics for a Shotgun are far above me and for all I know it will shoot better with the slant BUT… not !

ltr