Model 870™ Special Purpose Marine Magnum™

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
SJK2

Model 870™ Special Purpose Marine Magnum™

Post by SJK2 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Let's see your tricked out hd mods. please list parts and accessories, i'm trying to build one and unsure what i want.

Ie: Stocks, side saddles, lights.............

Thanks in advance

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Model 870™ Special Purpose Marine Magnum™

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 am

Anything that'll fit a standard Express, Wingmaster, or Police 870 will fit your Marine Magnum. I'd recommend looking through the forum for ideas, and then we can help if you have specific questions.

My advice though, for a HD gun, is to keep it simple. Spend your money and energy on practice first. Get to know your gun, and figure out what you like and don't like about it before you start changing things. Accessories invariably add mass, complexity, failure points, and other drawbacks, so don't add anything for which you can't cite a specific reason (which applies for your individual situation).

SJK2

Post by SJK2 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:23 am

Synchronizor wrote:Anything that'll fit a standard Express, Wingmaster, or Police 870 will fit your Marine Magnum. I'd recommend looking through the forum for ideas, and then we can help if you have specific questions.

My advice though, for a HD gun, is to keep it simple. Spend your money and energy on practice first. Get to know your gun, and figure out what you like and don't like about it before you start changing things. Accessories invariably add mass, complexity, failure points, and other drawbacks, so don't add anything for which you can't cite a specific reason (which applies for your individual situation).
Synchronizor,

Thanks for the response, all are very good points. Anyone else if you got pics of your "Model 870 Special Purpose Marine Magnum" please post them..........

Puinsai
Shotgunner

Post by Puinsai » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 pm

SJK2

Post by SJK2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 am

Puinsai wrote:Image
Very nice, any others.???

soldiertrav

Post by soldiertrav » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 am

870 marine mag, magpul SGA stock and foregrip, Remington recoil pad with magpul adapter, magpul front clamp, HFD2 defender compression follower, non MIM extractor, police trigger group (parkerized aluminum) with marine mag lifter put back on, stainless quick disconnect 1" swivels for sling.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:06 am

soldiertrav wrote:...police trigger group (parkerized aluminum) with marine mag lifter put back on...
Why replace the Marine Magnum trigger plate assembly with a less wear- and corrosion-resistant Police assembly? The only thing you gain with the Police TPA is one or two stiffer springs that you could have bought separately for 10 - 15 dollars, and those springs aren't necessarily upgrades anyway.

soldiertrav

Post by soldiertrav » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:59 am

Honestly I dont like the polymer housing. The police group housing just appeals to me more (plus I don't live near any marine environment).

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:59 am

After seeing how Ruger's polymer 10/22 trigger units compare to the old powder-cast aluminum parts, I trust the newer polymer 870 trigger plates to stand up better. They also don't show scratches nearly as much as the painted aluminum. But the older compressed aluminum trigger plates have worked just fine for decades, even in military 870s. If it lets you sleep better at night, by all means, go for the Police assembly.

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Post by Reaper » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:50 pm

I had a chance to buy a clean used Marine Magnum about 10 or 12 years ago, I think the fella wanted $300 for it. Already had three 870's, so I let it go. I still get a little pissed at myself when I think it!