Anybody use non-lethal shotgun rounds for HD?

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Anybody use non-lethal shotgun rounds for HD?

Post by gypsydan41 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:22 pm

I have been shot, tazzed, stunguned, rubber balled, beanbagged, etc. The rubber pellets did put me down but not for long, infact I was able to gather myself faster from the rubber balls than a tazzer or even a stungun. Man use real bullets, or your going to find yourself in a REALLY BAD SITUATION VERY FAST LIKE. What is it that Clint Smith says" with every bullet fired, there's a lawyer attached to it" Be carefule!!!!!

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm

gypsydan41 wrote:I have been shot, tazzed, stunguned, rubber balled, beanbagged, etc. The rubber pellets did put me down but not for long, infact I was able to gather myself faster from the rubber balls than a tazzer or even a stungun. Man use real bullets, or your going to find yourself in a REALLY BAD SITUATION VERY FAST LIKE. What is it that Clint Smith says" with every bullet fired, there's a lawyer attached to it" Be carefule!!!!!
Dan, thanks for sharing your experience! It is very important to use the ammunition that stops the threat with 100% guarantee.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:09 am

Marcccc wrote:
Randomguns wrote:If you're going to shoot someone IN YOUR HOUSE and IN SELF DEFENSE make sure you SHOOT TO KILL! Dead people don't talk. And if they fall outside the door, drag them back in and then hand the gun to your wife. She'll get off of any charges easier than you will. (courtesy of an unnamed state police officer) I can blow "warning" holes in my ceiling all night long! (I don't live in an apartment though)
I know this is my first post here but I find this to be the worst advice in the world (The part "Drag the body back in, and lie about who did the shooting) and would be very surprise to hear it from any law enforcement officer. You would most likely find yourself in a situation of trying to cover your lies with more lies at 3am in a police station interview room while you wife is in a separate room doing the same.

Moving the body, or rearranging any other physical evidence about what happened, is called "tampering with a crime scene." And it is itself a very serious crime. Tampering with evidence isn't just a criminal act. It is also an act which is very likely to be discovered. The science of forensics has advanced to the point where the investigators will definitely know that you have done something to the scene, and will probably know exactly what it was that you did. And the investigators will (very reasonably) assume that the reason you did it is because you outright murdered someone and were trying to hide evidence which shows that the shooting was a murder instead of an act of self-defense. If you are ever involved in a shooting, it is vitally important that you do not lie to the police. (If fact, you should not make any statement without an attorney.) Even one little lie, if caught, can destroy your credibility in court. Without that credibility, you will have a much harder time staying out of jail even if your actions were completely within the law.

Marccc
Couldn't have said it better myself....
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 pm

M1AG30 wrote:
Marcccc wrote:
Randomguns wrote:If you're going to shoot someone IN YOUR HOUSE and IN SELF DEFENSE make sure you SHOOT TO KILL! Dead people don't talk. And if they fall outside the door, drag them back in and then hand the gun to your wife. She'll get off of any charges easier than you will. (courtesy of an unnamed state police officer) I can blow "warning" holes in my ceiling all night long! (I don't live in an apartment though)
I know this is my first post here but I find this to be the worst advice in the world (The part "Drag the body back in, and lie about who did the shooting) and would be very surprise to hear it from any law enforcement officer. You would most likely find yourself in a situation of trying to cover your lies with more lies at 3am in a police station interview room while you wife is in a separate room doing the same.

Moving the body, or rearranging any other physical evidence about what happened, is called "tampering with a crime scene." And it is itself a very serious crime. Tampering with evidence isn't just a criminal act. It is also an act which is very likely to be discovered. The science of forensics has advanced to the point where the investigators will definitely know that you have done something to the scene, and will probably know exactly what it was that you did. And the investigators will (very reasonably) assume that the reason you did it is because you outright murdered someone and were trying to hide evidence which shows that the shooting was a murder instead of an act of self-defense. If you are ever involved in a shooting, it is vitally important that you do not lie to the police. (If fact, you should not make any statement without an attorney.) Even one little lie, if caught, can destroy your credibility in court. Without that credibility, you will have a much harder time staying out of jail even if your actions were completely within the law.

Marccc
Couldn't have said it better myself....
Yes, I agree that it can made any self-defense situation to look like murder, and can get an innocent person prisoned. Law Enforcement guys have lots of tools and techniques for investigation of a crime and it is very bad idea to try to play with them or cheat them.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

That is why it is called the castle doctrine.

Mifune326
Valued Shotgunner

Post by Mifune326 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 am

Marccc is right on the money. Agree totally.