What stock brands fit the 870 20 Gauge?

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: What stock brands fit the 870 20 Gauge?

Post by NnF000 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:37 am

Synchronizor wrote:
NnF000 wrote:Once I find both guns I need to measure everything, then find out if I can actually mount a 12 ga High Tube Mount to the 20 ga receiver. From measurements above the 12 ga is only 0.090” wider, this shouldn’t be any problem if both stock mount in the same way. Split up the .090 = .045 both sides, that is less than a 16th of an inch, I would hope I can make a plate to cover the edge… if needed.
Those measurements are for the outside of the receiver. I believe there's more of a difference between the stock mortises. Mesa Tactical makes an adapter that will do exactly what you want to do, why not use that?

I was looking for High Tube Adapter and the only one I could find was for a 12 ga and the Lucy Adapter would not work with it.
I was also thinking straight AR15 look but not finding what I wanted and not thinking too much further on it I settled for a PHeonix Adjustable, Kick Lite Stock. Tactical in looks, mounts to the 20 ga but is one inch lower than the High Tube Mounting Height; I can live with that… if I have to.

Also, there are enough Tactical Stock out there for 20 ga Gun so to buy an adapter just to mount the stock wasn’t cost effective.

My next search is for a 20 ga Heat-Shield, Aluminum is 1st choice but the new Composite ATI would be nice too, just to find them in 20 ga.
20-ga REM870, light weight Home Defense !

NnF000
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: What stock brands fit the 870 20 Gauge?

Post by NnF000 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Synchronizor,
Sorry for the delay on posting.
Thks for the info on the adapter but I do not want to use an adapter.
I don’t usually do this but I settled, I guess I am a settler, for a Pheonix Tech 20-ga setup; it is suppose to mount one inch lower than the High Mount I wanted.
It is all for the look,,, yes but it is something I want on my gun and to fit this gun to both the wife and myself.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions I have and for all in the info you add to this site.

ltr
20-ga REM870, light weight Home Defense !