Final build

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Final build

Post by 12GAfun » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 am

Well here it is finally got my 870 to where I want it

Here is a list of the items:
1. Choate +3 shot mag tube kit
2. Magpul Forend
3. Magpul light mount with Magpul rail
4. Acid tactical 200 lumen light with strobe, high and low setting came with pressure switch and battery charger
5. Tacstar side saddle 6 shot shell holder.
6. ATI Talon 6 postion stock with Scorpion recoil grip
7. ATI 5 shot shell holder butt stock mount
8. NON-MIM extractor
9.Magpul AFG with Magpul rail
The only thing I need is a good sling for it, just not really sure what kind of sling.

Well It doesn't look like this anymore
Attachments
final9.jpg
final9.jpg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 8426 times
final4.jpg
final4.jpg (130.81 KiB) Viewed 8426 times
final6.jpg
final6.jpg (126.93 KiB) Viewed 8426 times
Last edited by 12GAfun on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Re: Final build

Post by 12GAfun » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:50 am

Well came to the realization that I still hate that side saddle and the ATI Butt stock 5 shot shell holder sucks. While shooting 2.75 and 3 inch slugs today that ATI junk would loose its shells, would fall right out of it. So it's going back to where I bought it or I am going to contact ATI and let them know how much a piece of junk it is. Everything else performed well except the shell holders on the firearm.

Took off the side saddle, that crappy shell holder by ATI, sent them a email about how much that thing is a piece of crap. I do like the Choate +3 mag tube kit, the only con about it is the Parker finish is lame, it comes off really easy. As much as I shoot and clean my shotgun I will have to paint it black or get the whole shotgun Duracoated. Does anyone out here in shotgun land know of a good place in Indiana to get dura-coating done.

Capt367
New Shotgunner

Post by Capt367 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:44 am

I had the same issue with my old ATI shell holder. You kind of get what you pay for with that brand. This shell holder (linked below) has a piece of rubber that runs through the back side of the aluminum housing and keeps the shells in place, you can find them for 60 to 70 bucks on Amazon. http://mesatactical.com/products/suresh ... ell-12-ga/. I am running something similar, but in a double sided 14 shell holder. And the rubber tube thing has held the shells in place very well. Nice setup on your gun, it screams "Welcome to my home, that door you kicked in was for your protection...not mine"

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:21 am

Hey thanks for the information will look that up. I took off all those shot shell holders on my shotgun and got me 2 25 shot shell belt holders. I just clip these around my big belly and got 25-50 shot shells at easy portable access. Here is a pic of me wearing one sorry about the old shirt, it's a range shirt. I usually have both on one with #6 or #8 game loads and the other with 2.75 or 3 inch lead slugs. I love shooting slugs, turning a shotgun into a rifle is so much fun.
Well there is the pic of my shot shell belt and my big old gut :lol:
Attachments
Bellybelt.jpg
Bellybelt.jpg (136.08 KiB) Viewed 8353 times

Capt367
New Shotgunner

Post by Capt367 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Of you're going to wear one of those belts, you might as well wear two! Double your bang bang!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 am

Looks like the type of setup that only works in Hollywood. Not only do you have several pounds worth of shells flopping around on your torso, but you have to shove one of the belts aside every time you shoulder your gun.

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:56 pm

A good thing about the shoulder bandolier is that it can be thrown over the shoulder quickly. Of course, the same could be said for a simple bag with a strap too. When I take classes I use a leather add-on to the belt with six 12-ga. loops for six extra shells, and I've got a Choate-mfr. "caddy" or whatever that holds six at the side of the belt... A member of this forum had the genius idea to use a SAIGA box magazine as a shell dispenser.

Personally, I'd like to get a waist belt of some sort, or better yet, modify a leather over-belt set up like I currently have with an "inside the waist band" flap like so-called "pancake" holsters. Just slide a couple inside the trouser waist band, and go. :geek:
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:50 am

Synchronizor wrote:Looks like the type of setup that only works in Hollywood. Not only do you have several pounds worth of shells flopping around on your torso, but you have to shove one of the belts aside every time you shoulder your gun.
No flapping around here, my belly locks that belt right into place, it hardly moves when pulling out the shells from it. I also can wear 2 around my gut, that's 50 shot shells. I have even ran with them on and they stay in place and my big butt running with 50 shot shells and a kick butt looking shotgun in my hands would scare the crap out of me if I saw it. :lol: I cannot put them around my shoulders like that they don't fit. I think it has something to do with my shoulders.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:17 am

I was talking about the double-bandoleer idea in Capt367's post. A belt around the waist obviously won't get in the way of shouldering a long gun.

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:06 am

I understood you I wouldn't use a bandolier anyway tried one just didn't like it.