Lights

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Lights

Post by 12GAfun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 am

Well my 870 went through a few changes, got rid of that Remington Mag +2 mag tube kit and got a Wilson Combat +2 mag kit and love it, I have also taken off my cheek riser on the butt stock and installed a 5 shot shell carrier by ATI that fits there Butt stocks. I also took off my Tacstar side saddle because I just did not like it. I am ordering a Magpul MOE Cantilever Picatinny Rail for it and going to see if I can get used to a light mounted on my forend. I have been looking into a Mag tube clamp that has rails on it in 3,6,9'O clock positions, but not liking the price point on some of those. I am also getting a new front sight for it a XS Express Front Night Sight Remington. It just JB welds onto the front bead sight. I have heard great reviews on it so far.
Attachments
NMOD3.jpg
NMOD3.jpg (110.93 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
NMOD2.jpg
NMOD2.jpg (116.67 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
NMODS.jpg
NMODS.jpg (123.63 KiB) Viewed 5272 times

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Re: Lights

Post by 12GAfun » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 am

Well the Wilson Combat kinda took a crap on me today at the range, shot like 30 shell through it from 1 oz slugs to game loads and some 00buck. I noticed that the steal plate on the Wilson Combat mage tube extension was rattling bad and it came loose. I have had this for like 2 months and it came unscrewed from my shotgun. I did have the wave washer installed but it was still about 1-2 full turns loose. I also cannot stand that rattle. I want to possibly hunt with this shotgun and cannot do that with that rattle. I like the product but it coming loose every 7 shots is crazy. Not sure what happened to it to loosen like that. I had the same problem with my Remington +2 shot kit after a few months of use. When I first got it there was no wave washer so I picked one up a few days later and it did work, would not come off or loosen at all. Now it does every 7 shells shot through it.

Sending it back to Brownell's for a exchange,getting a Choate +3 shot mag tube kit. I have read a lot of really good reviews about this mag tube kit. I have just read a lot of reviews saying that the metal plate does start rattling really bad on the Wilson Combat ones. I am so glad that Brownell's has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will pay for the shipping of the return. I will have to wait like 10 days until I get another mag tube kit. I was hoping that the Wilson combat would work out, I did like the solid construction of the product, I will say this Wilson Combat does make some great 1911 mags I will be getting some more of them in the future.

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:19 pm

I've used the Wilson Combat extension with good results, but the Vang Comp extension is all we carry now. Never had an issue with that extension.
Good luck,
Brad

todd10

Post by todd10 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 am

Here is what I used on my build, it's a Streamlight ProTac HL3 1100 lumen programable light. Mounted with a Daniel Defense ofset onto a Mesa Tactical Mag/barrel clamp with pic rail. The light has a strobe mode that is dibilitating to a normal individual let alone someone that is impared by drugs/alcohol. You can adjust is as needed for the stroke of your forend and magpul angled grip.

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-8804 ... lashlight/

http://mesatactical.com/products/magazi ... ton-12-ga/

https://danieldefense.com/mounts/offset ... mount.html
Attachments
20140401_202138.jpg
20140401_202138.jpg (441.91 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
20140401_202455.jpg
20140401_202455.jpg (270.64 KiB) Viewed 4735 times