NcSTAR

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

NcSTAR

Post by Jamie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:17 pm

I ran across a booth at a local gun show searching for a red dot, (for my AR), found a combo dot and laser made by NcSTAR, model DLB140R. I was told it was designed for shot gun use, (don't know if that is BS, just to prove it's sturdy or what). It was selling at the show, for $109, found the same one on the internet for $65. Anyone heard of, used this make and model?

tekrsq
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: NcSTAR

Post by tekrsq » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Don't know about that particular model, but in my experience, NCStar is typically junk.

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Post by Reaper » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:27 pm

I put a NcStar red dot on a Mini-14 probably 4 or 5 years ago. I think it lasted about 20 rounds! :(

Mac
Shotgunner

Post by Mac » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:36 am

Don't touch it.

I know it won't hold up, and it will be unlikely to hold up to use on an airgun.

If you want a cheaper red dot, whether its on your AR or shotgun, give the bushnell TRS-25 a try. I have one on a dirty old mossberg, and its been good to go, and I have many colleagues using it on their ARs with great success. For the price it can't be beat. If it can, show me another option!

badboybeeson
Moderator of the S&J Hardware Forum

Post by badboybeeson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:36 pm

just don't waist you money, if you have little enough cash that you need to by NC china star then you need to not thow it a way
save up and buy something better, even if its just a tasco or bushnell

pumpingpower
New Shotgunner

Post by pumpingpower » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:20 am

+1 for that bushnell trophy II

i have one and they work awesome, only downside is you may need a riser rain and just throw some locktite on the threads.

if you really care about optics you will research an EOTECH holographic sight. they outlive guns. the best part is buy her once and use it on the next gun you purchase. theyre armoured, waterproof, and stay zero as long as your not using it on a huge .300aac or .300winmag

but that bushnell shop on amazon for it, theyre great.

tekrsq
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by tekrsq » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Personally, I don't see a need for a sight or scope on a shotgun unless you hunt. And even then, I think it has limited benefit on a shotgun...JMO

Having said that, I know a few people with different model Bushnells on their rifles with varying quality and reliability, so I personally don't take a chance waisting money on them either.

Eotechs are awesome red dots, but I prefer Aimpoint and Millet on my rifles.

skulldgry1
New Shotgunner

NcSTAR

Post by skulldgry1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:58 am

Agree with tekrsq, if you want a holo, go with eotech, if you want a dot, absolutely go with aimpoint. I have been running aimpoints for years on my ARs. That said, if you want something a bit less expensive, the bushnell tsr25 that's been mentioned is completely legit and an amazing site for the cost. I have one that I put on my sons AR and it has never lost zero and held up to everything a 13 year old boy puts as rifle through. Stay away from NcStar!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk