Okay, new sight topic....Trijicon

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Okay, new sight topic....Trijicon

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 am

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Are you referring to the actual sights, or the tubes?
I was wondering about the sights themselves, not the tubes inside. I've read their handgun sights are steel, so their shotgun sights probably are as well.
tekrsq wrote:I wonder if that front site would line up with the ghost ring on my tactical ?
Ameriglo offers front sights by themselves that should fit the sight base on your 870, but I'm not sure if the height would match. I think the ghost-ring setup on Express Tactical models is from XS Sight Systems, so you could try looking there as well. How tall is your current front sight?

tekrsq
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by tekrsq » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 am

Synchronizor wrote: I think the ghost-ring setup on Express Tactical models is from XS Sight Systems, so you could try looking there as well. How tall is your current front sight?
I don't have a clue, never measured it. It sits up on that sight ramp. I'd probably have to remove it to get an accurate measurement on the sight itself.

Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:47 am

Isn't your rear adjustable?

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:03 am

tekrsq wrote:I don't have a clue, never measured it. It sits up on that sight ramp. I'd probably have to remove it to get an accurate measurement on the sight itself.
You should be able to measure it precisely enough to identify a replacement without removing it from the barrel. I'm not sure what the standard reference point is for determining height, though