Okay, new sight topic....Trijicon

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Okay, new sight topic....Trijicon

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 am

So, I got a barrel with Rifle sights. I'm instantly liking it better. It puts my cheek bone off the comb of the stock and is much more comfortable to fire, plus I can actually tell what I'm aiming at!

So, now I got to thinking. I like the rifle sight setup, but in all honesty, the Remington sights are tiny. The rear notch is tiny and shallow, and the front post/dot is tiny.

Has anybody replaced their factory sights with the Trijicon "Bright and Tough" sights? How about the Ameriglo sights? The ameriglo's are a good 30 bucks cheaper. I did see the article on here about the ameriglo's

Does anybody know the difference between the two part numbers for Trijicon? They list one as slug gun sights (RE01) , and the other part number is non descript RE05). I believe this has something to do with the front post being a different height. I would assume you could still just zero everything by raising or lowering the rear sight?

So, what say you? These sights worth it? an improvement over stock? They seem much more thick and bolt.

Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Okay, new sight topic....Trijicon

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Justy an update.

I went with the Ameriglo's yellow rear green front tritium sights and WOW what a world of difference over the factory sights.

As mentioned above, the factory sights were just too darn small (small notch, thin blade w/ small dot). They took me too long to acquire a sight picture with. The Ameriglo's on the other hand (regardless of being tritium) are so much faster and easier!

I honestly don't even care about the tritium, I wanted a different sight picture, and this is exactly it. Awesome product. Took maybe 20 minutes to install, hardest part was drifting out the original sight blade (remember, go left to right!).

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 pm

http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:28 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a set of those for my rifle-sight barrel when I can afford to. How much taller would you say they are than the factory elements?

Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Vitaly wrote:I use the same: Ameriglo (Trijicon) Tritium Night Sights for Remington 870 Shotgun

Highly recommended!
Yup, i read your article and thats what made me go with Ameriglo over the regular triji's

Synchronizor wrote:I wouldn't mind getting a set of those for my rifle-sight barrel when I can afford to. How much taller would you say they are than the factory elements?
here's a shot i took comparing the two. no question that i prefer the ameriglos, super easy to see.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 am

Not too much of a height difference then, good. They also look pretty beefy compared to the factory sights, but are the elements made of steel or aluminum? I'm not seeing a lot of details on their site.

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:54 am

What parts of the sights in the picture are yellow or green? I have a new rifle sight barrel (same as yours, I believe) on the way from Midway, so I've been following your progress.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 am

I'm pretty sure the color describes the glow. Their catalog has slightly more information than their website.

I like that they offer similar sights for handguns. When I have the money to blow on them, I can get the same style/color night sights for my shotgun and my handgun.

Dr. Marneaus
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Dr. Marneaus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:17 am

Synchronizor wrote:Not too much of a height difference then, good. They also look pretty beefy compared to the factory sights, but are the elements made of steel or aluminum? I'm not seeing a lot of details on their site.
Are you referring to the actual sights, or the tubes?

I know they are actually Trijicon tritium tubes, the sights say trijicon right on them. It's got something to do with shipping the tubes in bulk and assembling them stateside makes them cheaper.

Chief Brody wrote:What parts of the sights in the picture are yellow or green? I have a new rifle sight barrel (same as yours, I believe) on the way from Midway, so I've been following your progress.
Yes, colo describes the glow of the tritium tubes. You dont see any color during the day, however at night the rear 2 dots are yellow and the front is green. They do make a 3 green dot version.

tekrsq
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by tekrsq » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:20 am

I wonder if that front site would line up with the ghost ring on my tactical ?